Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question About TAX

Options
  • 30-09-2007 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I just got a new car, i sent the book thingy off to get the car put in my name, And now someone has told me the car cannot be taxed without this log book, Is this true cause i know people who have been waiting for months to get their book back. I just don't wanna have to wait and pay months of arrears in tax as it's out today.

Also i was wondering the guy i bought it off still has the TAX PIN NUMBER so he can buy online, Could i give him the cash or would it be too late as the car could be in my name now????

Cheers for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The cert is usually back in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 [NOG]ph0rce

nipplenuts wrote:
    The cert is usually back in a few days.

It's been nearly a month since i sent it off and still no joy...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Moved to Motors Forum.

Anyone know the address your supposed to send it to, Maybe i sent it to the wrong place:confused: Or a phone number for the fuggers so i can get it sorted???

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Anyone know the address your supposed to send it to, Maybe i sent it to the wrong place:confused: Or a phone number for the fuggers so i can get it sorted???

Cheers.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/motoring-1/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/change_of_ownership

Vehicle Registration Unit
    Department of Environment, Heritage & Local Government
    Shannon
    Clare
    IRELAND

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

You can phone 061365000 and see when it'll be out to you. I've bought 2 cars this year, both took about 6 to 8 weeks to get the cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Yeah def takes about 6 weeks to get the Cert

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It really depends on how busy they are. The first 4/5 months of the year are usually hectic because of all the new cars being registered. I would image August to November is a quieter time for them though.

I would give them a ring to check that they actually received the documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

got cert on 2 new cars this year inside 4 working days.........

btw, if it's an actual new car, you can tax it online at motortax.ie, and when asked for your PIN no, just put in the last 6 digits of the VIN no. Works for used imports, too.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

i rang them, your one said ahhh yes we recieved it on the 2nd of sept, I said wheres me f****n cert, she said clam down i'll put it on the system now and it should be with ya tomorrow or the next day.:D

I'll believe it when i see it. Cheers for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Sent the old cert on 18th of September, got my new one today.

Advertisement