Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking Of Buying A Nissan 100nx

Options
  • 30-09-2007 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

what do ye guys think of these cars, any input would be nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not a pretty looking car imo. Not the best to drive either as the 100NX is basically a Nissan Sunny underneth the coupe exterior. I would also image most are knackered at this stage as they have been around since around 1992. If your getting one dirt cheap then it might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think they're horrible looking, nice roof, but a very clumsy looking car. In that bracket I would suggest a Toyota Cynos or Mazda MX3 instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 zoomdog

lot depends on what you are looking for
    got my first nx back in 02 and was was a pleasure to drive
    unlike in britain the use of salt on roads is not as prevalent so rust in the rear turrets and a frame is not as common in Ireland

As Bazz says it is a sunny chassis with coupe body ..
    and a pleasure in summer months with the roof off ..

for comparison sake the injection model 93-95 pushed out minimum of 110 bhp where as the mx3 /az3 pushed out 88-106 depending on whether or not you got a 1.6 or 1.8 model this compared to the 1.8 nx which was 140 stock and the 1ltr which pumps out 142 but show me a sr20de that will not impress..
    even when you take into account the Carb models 90-95 bhp (with and without ecu) it is still a nippy model .. and road handling is superb

The cynos was a direct response from toyota .. sales wise the cynos won out as you will no doubt see the car is not to everyones taste ..

Pricewise a good model can set you back and it is important to know where to look for the age issues with this motor ..Good article for all prospectant owners

Insurance for me was a guide and I found it lower than other coupes of a similiar vintage.
    parts wise for modification .. well this is pretty much a German trend and many bodykit manufacturers have parts for the nx.

any questions you have feel free to mail me and will see what I can do

Advertisement