Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gps maps

Options
  • 30-09-2007 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all I'm new to this. It took me a half an hour to figure out how to post a thread if thats what you call them. Im looking for info on a route 66 chicago6000 sat nav. As far as I know there are no maps for america available from route 66. Does anybody know can maps from different manufactures be used in route 66 products? Would appreciate some replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Wouldn't it be ironic that a product that took its name from a famous US stretch of road wouldn't have US maps available?!

Well, they do, however, I'm not sure if they're compatible with your device. Have you contacted their support team?

And no, maps from other manufacturers will typically work on your device, unless it's a PocketPC-based device and you're replacing the entire navigation software, or it's a generic 'in-car' device which supports upgrades direct from NavTeq.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 123joe123

Yea, I emailed them 2 weeks ago - no reply, until today. They sent me to their u.s. site where they wanted me to buy the whole system including the maps. All I want is the maps the device itself is the same one that I have except mine is the Chicago 6000 and the American one is the Chicago 8000. The link that you referred me to is the same link. There are maps there for mobile phones, I will email them and ask if they will do for my system.Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

123joe123 wrote:
    Yea, I emailed them 2 weeks ago - no reply, until today. They sent me to their u.s. site where they wanted me to buy the whole system including the maps. All I want is the maps the device itself is the same one that I have except mine is the Chicago 6000 and the American one is the Chicago 8000. The link that you referred me to is the same link. There are maps there for mobile phones, I will email them and ask if they will do for my system.Thanks

on the same topic, can anyone tell me where i can download an updated irish
    map for the Chicago 6000 ? i tried thier website but coulnt find out anything,

thanks

Advertisement