Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tyres

Options
  • 30-09-2007 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Looking to buy a pair of yellow tyres. I have a Trek 1000 road bike but not 100% sure what tyres I should be looking at and which website would have the best prices (The prices tend to be better online from what I've seen but correct me if I'm wrong!) Not looking for anything special by the way.

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i think mitchelin pro race 2 come in yellow

try www.probikekit.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Cheers, d'you know is there any difference between the pro race 2 and the michelin lithion tyres? They're 6 euro cheaper but is that for a reason? I like the sound of the puncture resistant belt on the pro race tyres but don't know if that's just gobbeldygook or not!

pro race have a lower rolling resistance and you would be able to pump them up to a higher psi, so it means they are faster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sprinter

Continental do a yellow tyre
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=1049
    Vittoria also do a yellow tyre but i dont know if the ones i bought were last years model, i have been browsing the net for some yellow vittoria open corsas but no-one seems to stock the full colour range.

sprinter wrote:
    Continental do a yellow tyre
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=1049
    Vittoria also do a yellow tyre but i dont know if the ones i bought were last years model, i have been browsing the net for some yellow vittoria open corsas but no-one seems to stock the full colour range.

yeah i always thought the continental gp4000 only came in black.
    thats what i have on my road bike atm and the rest of the guys in the club swear by them.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15872

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Michelin Pro Race 2 are a great tyre and I use them (in yellow) on my bike. Be warned though, they are very yellow - both tread and sidewalls (which don't look as good as those without the colour coded sidewalls IMHO). Prices on Pro Race 2s vary widely so shop around. I got mine from Dave Hinde's ebay shop (can't the ebay shop name) at a heavily disconted price for a pair.

Had a look around and probikekit have the the cheapest (25 euro plus vat) which works out cheaper seeing as they have free postage.

One more question - want to change my handlebars from black to light blue, is there a particular brand of handlebar tape that's meant to be good?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Cinelli and De Rosa are prob the most popular for bar tape. The Cinelli gel stuff is a bit more expensive than standard cork tape but is more comfortable. You can get in light blue as well

Advertisement