Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why are the garda so afraid of licenced guns??

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

When I changed my Hornet for the .223, the officer at the front desk drew a line through my FAC & ammended it accordingly, same when I changed my pump for a semi auto, the licences came through in July ammended.

One officer did it straight away no questions & seemed to know the drill, the other officer wasn't so sure he could do until I insisted he could so he took guidence from his Sgt who ok'd it there & then.

TJ911...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Trojan911 wrote:
    When I changed my Hornet for the .223, the officer at the front desk drew a line through my FAC & ammended it accordingly, same when I changed my pump for a semi auto, the licences came through in July ammended.

One officer did it straight away no questions & seemed to know the drill, the other officer wasn't so sure he could do until I insisted he could so he took guidence from his Sgt who ok'd it there & then.

TJ911...

You were lucky re 223. I ammended a 22 licence for a 223 and it came back from Dublin. I had to reapply, and was only granted it as I was a member of Midland Rifle Range. Got rid of it since for a 204, straight swap, "smaller calibre", and subsequently a 220 swift, straight swap too, still a "vermin licence". Our local CPO is visiting anyone looking for a 223 for security reqs and is advising they go for a 204 or a 220 swift, appartently (heard on the grapevine)

Advertisement