Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charleville Castle Weekend November 3rd & 4th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Same as last time the main room with the big fire and the tables n stuff. Anyone care to give a better description?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Very large room with a piano, large fire and loads of floor space. A good camp bed and sleeping bag is highly recommended. It gets very cold at night.

Can't wait for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Freezing tbh.

I'd be bringing 2 jumpers, a decent sleeping bag, and a pillow case to stuff with whatever. Floor mats might be a good idea.

Bring a fair bit of supplies, and a decent torch too.

oh yea and ear plugs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

rofl :D

Leinstermans snoring, is indeed, something to be terrified of.

haha.. everyone use flash at the same time, then pretend nothing happened, and get off to sleep before he does! :D

So here's the list for the weekend. Cut off point will be monday the 30th

Benster
    Challengemaster
    Fajitas!
    DeVore
    Xios
    Fionn
    DarrenG
    elven
    Helios
    bovril
    sineadw
    Roen
    Sebzy
    Smiley(Mantel) + Terri from the castle

Still can fit one or two more if anyone's intrested.

wewt \o/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Is there any word on transport for us poor folk without cars?

helios wrote: »
    Is there any word on transport for us poor folk without cars?

Space available in my car. I will be going via the M50 so if you can get close to it, I can collect you. I'm staying overnight so if you're not, you will need transport back.

DarrenG wrote: »
    Space available in my car. I will be going via the M50 so if you can get close to it, I can collect you. I'm staying overnight so if you're not, you will need transport back.

Cheers Darren. Where are you getting on the M50?

From the start with the juction of the M1. I'll send you a PM later with more details of where I can collect you.

Yo, Elvy, any chance of a lift?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

I'd be looking for a lift too if there is one going, otherwise I'll have to have my helicopter serviced and I have given the man who services it a holiday that weekend..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

Driving from Ashbourne and heading M50 direction after that, so anyone on de Nart Soyde from Finglas over can bum a lift...

Benster wrote: »
    Driving from Ashbourne and heading M50 direction after that, so anyone on de Nart Soyde from Finglas over can bum a lift...

I live beside fingerless (and in fingerless according to my friends). I'll PM you thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Any mugs heading from Waterford can pitch in with me. Leaving early on Sat morning to get to the castle for 11:30 ish or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Yo, Elvy, any chance of a lift?

Yup. I don't need you to navigate this time :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Seb - is this filled up yet??

• Advertisement

Seb - is this filled up yet??

Nope one or two yet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Roen wrote: »
    Any mugs heading from Waterford can pitch in with me. Leaving early on Sat morning to get to the castle for 11:30 ish or so.

any other time nobody is heading from Waterford to these things and the one time somebody is I can't go, :eek:

grr :confused:

Nice one Seb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Thanks for that Seb. Should give us something to look at other than the fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Roen wrote: »
    Thanks for that Seb. Should give us something to look at other than the fire.

hey, quit dissin a fire, it's very interesting :)

Also, i should like add, i may possibley not be attending this, as i've taken a little fall off my bike and banged my knee, should be fine before the trip, but i may need to cancel :(

Xios wrote: »
    hey, quit dissin a fire, it's very interesting :)

Also, i should like add, i may possibley not be attending this, as i've taken a little fall off my bike and banged my knee, should be fine before the trip, but i may need to cancel :(

Sorry to hear that will take some fire pics for ya....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

What is it with injuries?! I have had a frisbee-related incident and am currently whacked out of my gourd on opiates for three broken ribs :D I'm still hoping to make it, in body at least, but if places are at a premium I don't want to hog a place that could go to someone else. Let me know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Leg's feelin better, i think i'll be able to go, and still climb the tower :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Seb, I have registered for both days, please can you call me if this is ok or not??

Ta

Mike

• Advertisement

Seb, I have registered for both days, please can you call me if this is ok or not??

Ta

Mike

Ok Mike should be fine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

think i might join in...if theres space and POSSIBLY a lift :D

think i might join in...if theres space and POSSIBLY a lift :D

Right so you got the last place..

Did you fill in the form ? My mail is down and too lazy to fix the server now 17k queued messages and counting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I'm starting to look very doubtful for this :( My ribs are sorer than ever and I doubt a night on a floor would help them. If someone else is looking to go they can have my place..

:(:(

Booo Sinead!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Sebzy wrote: »
    Right so you got the last place..

Did you fill in the form ? My mail is down and too lazy to fix the server now 17k queued messages and counting :)

form...?

done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mostlycircles

Ugh last place!!! Damn you Melekalikimaka!! I would love to go...paranormal...at halloween...sounds amazing!!:D

I can even offer a lift..

• Advertisement

sinead has pulled out so there might be space

just checking up numbers now not too sure if we're over or under Will post back in a few minutes.

Thanks a mill!!

Ok were pushing it now at 16 with sinead included.
    Sinead if your out for sure mostlycircles can take your place.

Now for the list....

Roen
    Sebzy
    sineadw (maybe not going)
    bovril
    Helios
    Elven
    DarrenG
    Fionn
    DeVore
    Xios
    Fajitas! + 1
    Benster
    Challengemaster
    mikeanywhere
    MeleKalikimaka
    Smiley (Castle)
    Terri (Castle)
    Ian Murphy (Castle Paramedic)
    JohnY (independent artist guest of castle)
    -

if you have any problems while down at the castle please contact myself smiley or Terri.

Thaks Seb...:) i guess ill wait to register till i know whether sinead is going or not, mele??

• Advertisement

Well only a few days to go now so the last of the official stuff.

- Sign in will be at 11AM sharp please arrive before this time not after. We will have have a safety briefing after sign in before anyone's allowed access to the castle so if your late you hold up the whole group.

- Bring food and drink or buy it in the town(Tesco/Aldi/Lidl) Alcahol is allowed but no spirits.

- If you want to camp outside feel free to do so after singing a disclaimer provided by the castle.

- Donation to the castle restoration fund had been agreed at EUR20 each and EUR10 for day trippers. This will be collected at SignIn. (5 euro cheaper than last year).

- It may be cold on sat night so we will be responsible for keeping the large fire going this means everyone will be chipping in for a bag or two of coal. I will do a run to the store later on that day. May help too to collect some wood from the forest.

- If anyone needs directions speak now.

- Do not go exploring the castle alone it's a big place and sometimes quite dangerous always work in pairs or groups.

Please read the original posting again and make note of all.

Will we be out for din din Saturday night, or are we at the castle until Sunday? Do any of the local chippey's do delivery??

Last time I think people went out for take out and some cooked dinner in the kitchen.

helios wrote: »
    Will we be out for din din Saturday night, or are we at the castle until Sunday? Do any of the local chippey's do delivery??

Sorry nothing like that planned :)

Best solution is the age old art of cooking.

We have a huge gas oven and hob. If you want you can visit the town which is about 10-15 minutes drive and the a McD and KFC amongst others.

Cooking was the preferred last time as everyone wanted to spend as much time as possible in the castle and grounds taking pics.

Al big fry-up in the morning again?????????

Big fry up in the morning again indeed.

I'm looking forward to this weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement