Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treats and cheats !

• 30-09-2007 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

So what are your favourite "bad" foods ? Those things you try to eat only a few times a month, your little treats or perhaps a big cheat meal ?

For me, recently ive fallen in love with Dominos pizza and potato wedges , feckin lovely.

Ice cream/ milk shakes are also a weakness of mine.

I tend to eat very healthy but i get some SERIOUS cravings for the above on a daily basis :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Burger King's XL Bacon double cheeseburger meal.

I think they put heroin in it, I have it twice a week normally, after training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

cheesecake

A Chinese with a few bottles of kopparberg

or Eddie rockets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

This should be renamed the Temptation Thread.

Just about every rich food is a temptation for me, but I'm very controlled in my treats...if I am planning a treat meal (I'm not going to call it a cheat meal because when I am planning to go out I pull in reigns on my calorie intake for a few days beforehand) I'll go to one of my two favourite restaurants - Acapulco or Becketts - and either enjoy nachos and steak fajitas or the soup of the day followed by a really good steak. Mmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Yeah, eddie rockets has some sort of hypnotic lure over me too. Ususally if I know I'm going, I'll hammer the weights in the gym that day, so I at least feel it's bulking me.

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote:
    Yeah, eddie rockets has some sort of hypnotic lure over me too. Ususally if I know I'm going, I'll hammer the weights in the gym that day, so I at least feel it's bulking me.

Ok, I've got to point out the inconsistencies here. You'll lash into an Eddie Rockets meal but having a Curly Wurly once in a blue moon is a mortal sin. I will never understand this mindset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

Bombay Pantry. I live in the country so normally buy two mains and a naan, and bring them home to heat them myself with some basmati rice. Its a treat for myself and OH (other half).
    Never feel stuffed after that much, but its a nice treat all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

A coffee and a flapjack. Nyom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Hairspray

This week i've been taking a break from dieting so i'd have to say for treats it would be a nice scone ,a swirl it and pizza..yum!!Back on the diet tommow:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Ok, I've got to point out the inconsistencies here. You'll lash into an Eddie Rockets meal but having a Curly Wurly once in a blue moon is a mortal sin. I will never understand this mindset.
    My mistake, I could have sworn this thread was titled Treats and Cheats.
    This is your healthy snacks thread for when you're eating on the hoof. [*]A Curly-Wurly or a Fudge bar for the odd chocolate hit
    Seeing as we're referring to that other thread - it was the use of these two sentences that I had a problem with. A Curly Wurly is not a healthy snack. Either is Eddie Rockets, but I never claimed it to be.

• Advertisement

I have realised that I took it completely for granted that when I wrote "the odd chocolate hit" people would think I meant the odd chocolate hit. I guess they all think I mean to eat chocolate at every opportunity. I guess also that now all the fat people reading this forum are tucking into a lardy snack at every opportunity because I said to do so. The point of the Get Me Through The Day thread was to list foods that get you through the day...I believe in the philsoophy that a little of what you fancy is good for you. And that it can be incorporated into your diet - it does not need to be a "cheat" if it's well-planned, and won't affect health or weight-loss either.

I would edit the thread (really) but at this stage it would render the dozen objections raised utterly meaningless.

Anyway. Back to treats and cheats.

Nutella now do those packs where you get some nutella in one part and biscuit sticks in another, fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Neuro you also have to realise that davyjose would be doing a couple of very intense workouts a week. when you're exercising, you can get away with eating high calorie (but also high protein if he's getting a big burger) meals much more. in fact if guys are trying to bulk, a high fat high protein meal is good for them (yes the fat in eddie rockets meals is not good fat, but it is a filling meal rather than empty sugar calories which will just have you craving more in 10 minutes)

if you're not exercising (like most of the people on this board) you really need to be alot stricter about your daily calorie intake, and ensure your calories come from good sources, because eating a curly wurly instead of something more filling could mean the difference between being able to stay within your caloric requirements or being hungry again later and eating more than you should.

I have no problem with anyone tucking into a nice big burger - none whatsoever. You will notice that wasn't my point.

Also, Seraphina, you have no clue about the exercise habits of anyone on this forum, only your unhelpful assumptions. I'm not sure you will find anyone who is serious about their health and weight who does not exercise. However weight loss begins in the kitchen and that is what this forum is about.
    eating a curly wurly instead of something more filling could mean the difference between being able to stay within your caloric requirements or being hungry again later and eating more than you should.

Or you could have a curly wurly with your cup of tea once a week and nothing bad would happen. Wouldn't that be amazing. You might even stay motivated because you allowed yourself a little of what you fancied within your caloric needs. I am guessing I'm blowing your mind here.

I can't take much more of this, I wonder if I could ban myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

tribulus wrote:
    Nutella now do those packs where you get some nutella in one part and biscuit sticks in another, fantastic!

Just like those Choc Dips they used to make (the red, blue, orange and white tubs)!! All the best ideas come back into fashion, eh?

Yep! And wispa's too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

wispas!!!
    i saw one for the first time yesterday in years! in a box that said " some things should remain in the 80's, and others shouldn't... WISPA"

it made me really tempted to buy one, just cause i hadn't had one in aaaages. i wasn't even hungry! sometimes advertising can get teh better of me :/
    i managed to resist tho

Advertisement