Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The finer things in life

Options
  • 30-09-2007 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

The Government has announced the winners of the contract to supply "Large Executive Saloon Cars".
    PSA, VW, BMW & Volvo are the winners.

No idea what types were bought, how many were bought, but for more, look here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

who are these cars for?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

So 5 companies put in an offer. The above 4 were all accepted. Which one was rejected?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

who are these cars for?

See the link E92 provided:

Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

unkel wrote:

so they're for "the government". any other info? ministers? part time rubbish collectors? bertie's makeup team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

unkel wrote:
    So 5 companies put in an offer. The above 4 were all accepted. Which one was rejected?

Mercedes-Benz? The Government were so fond of Mercs before anyway.

I presume most of the cars are heading for the Guards, as the cars were bought for the Department of Justice.

If true, that would be an awful waste of money. I fully accept that they need higher powered cars than before, but, there are so many cars which are much cheaper that could do this.

Octaivia vRS sticks out in my mind as being an ideal car for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement