Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launch of Intra-Operator LLU Migrations

Options
  • 01-10-2007 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

I posted this in IoffL forum but it should be of interest here aswell. Should ease the pain for those thinking of switching to the new BT LLU products.
    Eircom wrote:
    Launch of Intra-Operator LLU Migrations

eircom Wholesale is pleased to announce the launch of the Intra-Operator migrations capability for LLU service providers.

With the launch of this new product, which will operate alongside the inter-operator migration product launched earlier this year, eircom has now delivered the full range of migration capabilities requested by LLU operators within the timeframe agreed with ComReg in May 2007.

This service, which was formally launched on 24 September, means that a Retail Service Provider that currently uses an eircom network service such as bitstream to provide broadband service to its customers can now transfer these customers onto its own Unbundled Local Loop (ULL) platform and back again, if so required, with minimal disruption to customer service.

Commenting on the launch of the Intra-Operator migrations service, Director of eircom Wholesale John McKeon said,

"The launch of Intra Operator migrations demonstrates eircom's commitment to meet the service requirements of our Wholesale customers. I would like to pay a sincere thanks to all of the Service Providers involved, to ComReg and to eircom Wholesale and Network’s own personnel whose hard work and close co-operation over the past number of months made this successful launch possible."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

kaizersoze wrote:
    ...and back again, if so required, with minimal disruption to customer service...

Is there a definition of minimal? minutes, hours, days..... I dare not go any further...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

As my LLU unbundle order goes in effect today let's see how long "minimal" is, I'll report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I'm also waiting for my line to be unbundled to switch to BT, so fingers crossed this process is faster than they told me it will be. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

10 days to switch from BT to IBB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

thats a bitstream port transfer BETWEEN operators Stanley and not within an operator .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 mike76

so does this mean http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/ BT etc will migrate their customers onto an LLU platform?

Advertisement