Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember a particular tv show??

Options
  • 01-10-2007 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭

OK, looking for a bit of help, I know its only a slim chance though!!
    Around 2003-2004 there was a live show on one of the tv channels on sky (Cant remember the name, but it was on one of the sorta independant, low-budget channels).
    There were dudes basically sitting facing the camera, discussing games and playing games (which would be shown on the bluescreen in the background), taking texts and playing online games against viewers, and generally just having the craic. It was on from like 4 to half 6ish or 7 monday to friday.
    Cant for the life of me remember the name of it, but would love to find out, any help would be appreciated, surely I wasnt the only one who watched it!!
    They did have an obsession with Knights of the Old Republic for a while if thats any help!!!

Oh, and it isnt game network that im thinking about!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't know mate, but I sure wish they'd bring back Bits!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Don't know mate, but I sure wish they'd bring back Bits!

Mmmmm.... Emily Booth

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Im fairly sure it was called "gamerweb" and ended on new years eve 2005? due to lack of funds - i remember there was a guy who knew about games with a beard and glasses who could waffle for ages - with decent games journalist skills. Then i remember there was 2-3 other presenters who knew nothing about games who were just out to jump-start a TV presenting career, their lak of knowledge or ability to play/review games used to annoy me a lot - i remember seeing one of the presenters (Yiannis?) turn up on one of those stupid TV quiz channels a month or two back.

The whole show was really amateurish but because it was independent its reviews and comments were un-biased/influenced - by todays standard its very like something ud see off a podcast or youtube reviewer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Mmmmm.... Emily Booth

Ha! That was a turning point in my adolescence. Hoping to God that because the show was on at about 12:55am, she might get her boobs out...Oh to be 15 and not know about t'internet...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Emily Booth is on Xleague sometimes, I think.

Don't know the show you described but there is (was?) 1 on one of the MTV channels that sounds similar, just two lads talking, can't remember the name of it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Do not know about the op's show but emily booth did definatly appear on xleague recently in fact:D :D

Do not know about the op's show but emily booth did definatly appear on xleague recently in fact:D :D

XXXLeague?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I can't remember the name of the show, but it was on a channel called Game Network. Used to be a lot of Italian/English presenters on it and in its early days it had some very good shows. Towards the end, they started putting on those ****ing TV quiz shows and less gaming. Then it became a late night erotic phone show channel and in the end went bust and went off air.

Seconded on bringing back Bits. I remember waiting up until the early hours just to watch them 3 birds chatting about games. Am I wrong for thinking Alex (the american one) was hot??? :D

Edit: It could also be Up Up Down Down which is shown on the MTV channels the odd time??

It Was Called gamerweb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Mmmmm.... Emily Booth
    Mmmmm.... yes.
    Gizzle wrote:
    XXXLeague?
    We can only hope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Gizzle wrote:
    XXXLeague?

We can only ho-DAMN YOU RHYME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

its not Gamezville ur talkin about by any chance? with the two english blokes and theyd have a face-off between two mates at the end? It was on Sky One

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

its not Gamezville ur talkin about by any chance? with the two english blokes and theyd have a face-off between two mates at the end? It was on Sky One
    I hope to god it wasn't:p

Im Gonna Post This One More Time So Ppl Get The Message

It Was Called
    gamerweb

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Was waiting for someone to bring that up. *shakes violently as bad memories awaken*
    Now lets never speak of that show again.

I think it was called gamerweb. Call me bat sh*t crazy, but I just have a hunch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Hercule wrote:
    Im Gonna Post This One More Time So Ppl Get The Message

It Was Called
    gamerweb

Thank you Hercule, i forgot to check earlier on, I could have saved you from having to type it repeatedly!!

Ya, the bearded fella was a bit of a nerd but he knew his stuff, they also had a forum on the net where you could discuss with the presenters.
    I think it was its shoddy presentation and 100% live environment that made it sort of a favourite of mine, used to watch it pretty much every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Mmmmm.... Emily Booth

EDIT: Not enough pictures on google, I remember seeing her bjoring it up on xleague, she is toight loike toigar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Christ and I had nearly forgotten but now it's all coming back to me - that junkie prick giving out cheat codes and the terrible,terrible reviews. Jesus that whole show was terrible beyond belief.

Bad Influence ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

gamerweb was way too dull for my liking. gamezville was disgrace to humanity.

when games attack which was on bravo was alrite, gamer tv is nice and informative but nothing special. i vaugely remember bits, pretty good iirc but most gaming shows seem to be a joke

Advertisement