Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giants equal NFL record for no. of sacks in game

Options
  • 01-10-2007 5:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else manage to stay up to watch this one? An astonishing defensive display against an Eagles offence who look lost without Brian Westbrook. McNabb had probably the worst game of his NFL career, being sacked TWELVE times, of which Osi Umenyiora had six (also a franchise record). As well as that, they managed to give up 15 penalties, for 132 yards, pretty much nullifying their weak attack.

Giants offence wasn't anything special, and any sort of decent offence would have put the Eagles to the sword tonight. Burress managed the only offensive TD, the other was a defensive turnover from a McNabb fumble.

A great game to watch, but only for the defence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Yeah watched it. Fairly entertaining too. Giants were OK in attack with just one lapse by Eli and a missed FG from Tynes stopping them from scoring the points they deserved for a true demolition of the eagles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

and strahan sack also gave him the franchise record for most sacks, taking over from the original L.T

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

evil_seed wrote:
    and strahan sack also gave him the franchise record for most sacks, taking over from the original L.T
    Apart from the 9 LT had before it became an official statistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I thought I'd wake up to hear that the Giants were back to their old ways but I was amazed to see the sack count in this game. I'm glad I chose Umenyiora in one of my fantasy drafts. I hope I get to see an equally good defensive display by the Giants when I see them in London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

only by chance did I see history last night with Brett Favre beating Dan Marino's Passing Touchdown record.

I wanted to watch the Dolphins game but it was delayed so the Minnisota - Green Bay game was shown before the other kicked off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Go Giants!!! Wooo! etc :D

The amount of sacks in this game was incredible. I think McNabb was drunk or something.

Good win for the Giants... Season back on track. A few more wins and we are set for a good season!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The amount of sacks in this game was incredible. I think McNabb was drunk or something.

I didn't see the game but from what I've heard the amount of sacks was down to a truly terrible OL, not McNabb...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Combination of both to be honest, but the OL was far more shocking than McNabb.

Advertisement