Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insomnia

Options
  • 01-10-2007 5:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭

Anybody here suffer from or have suffered from insomnia??
    I haven't slept in 5days feels a bit surreal kinda like one big day..
    Not sure why i haven't just don't see the need, I haven't felt tired therefore i don't sleep..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Go for the record , i think its 11 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

You're not alone tonight, although I'm working so that's slightly different I suppose. The longest I went without sleep was about 30 hours, and that wiped me out completely. If I went 5 days without sleep, I'd be seeing a doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Devon wrote:
    You're not alone tonight, although I'm working so that's slightly different I suppose. The longest I went without sleep was about 30 hours, and that wiped me out completely. If I went 5 days without sleep, I'd be seeing a doctor.
    I'm working as well, I'd be out like a light right now if I wasn't:(

and I'd definitely be booking an appointment to see my GP soon if I were the original poster!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Go for the record , i think its 11 days

It's surely more than that, No?
    I'll give it a go.. lol :rolleyes:
    Yeah was thinking that myself but didn't really follow it through today as i don't feel tired, sick or anything.
    Just normal :confused:
    At least im not the only one, Boards can be a lonely place when your on your own!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

when i was younger i got to 8 days and it nearly killed me,,, insomnia sucks :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I'm a daysleeper. Should be in bed till 3 or 4 tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i saw a documentary on tv once that had clips from some competition that was held back in the 60's, to try and see who could stay awake the longest. The contestants were all fairly lucid up to a point, but then after a magic number of days (forget what it was, but it wasn't that much) they all went bat**** insane.

one of them thought she was the queen of france, and the fact that she didn't know any french didn't stop her talking in french. I don't remember much details other than that, but they prety much all lost their grip on what was going on aroud them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sleep is really over rated (unless you have company).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭someothername

i suffer from it too. usually ill only get about 3/4 hrs a night
    what i tend to do is get up at around 5.30 every morning and go to the gym before work - it tends to make me more tired in the evenings than going after work..... still its a pain in the neck when your lying there at 3 in the morning looking up at the ceiling again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,279 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Sleep is really over rated (unless you have company).
    we is in yore beds stealing yore dood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH. Send it back if you don't want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Pong!

Damn you.

Dragan wrote:
    Medical advice
    Please do not give any medical advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't suffer from insomnia but it takes me at least 2 hours to get asleep most nights. Once I'm asleep though i could sleep for 12 hours straight. The longer I sleep the more tired I seem to be. 5 or 6 hours is best, I can just jump straight out of bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Terry wrote:
    Please do not give any medical advice.

Hey Terry, i honestly did not consider that a simple health food supplement would have been medical advice.

Apologies. :o

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Get a colonoscopy, that'll sort you right out.

Does that qualify as medical advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

check the recent thread about it on the fitness forum for advice

Dragan wrote:
    Hey Terry, i honestly did not consider that a simple health food supplement would have been medical advice.

Apologies. :o
    You also advised staying away from certain medication.
    I'm sure a healthy diet would be helpful, but I would suggest the OP see a doctor rather than take any advice here.

Regardless, this is AH. You can't be too careful.

I take medication which makes me sleep (side effect), but I'll be damned if I'm gonna tell people what it is here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

I had a dodgy sleeping pattern one summer and i needed to go to bed early, even though I wasn't tired.

I went out for about 6 or 7 pints and hey presto it worked.

If I really need sleep I take half a sleeping tablet that my granny has prescribed to her. You can get addicted to these so I've only done this 4 or 5 times in my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Terry wrote:
    I take medication which makes me sleep (side effect), but I'll be damned if I'm gonna tell people what it is here. :)

NOW I MUST KNOW!!! Tell me your magc secrets! TELL ME NOW!! Or I will rain pain and suffering down upon your doomed head!

#include onTopic.h

Went for 36 hours straight, slept for a full day through.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

OP have you tried reading any of the boardsies blogs?

Whenever Pigheads having trouble getting a bit of shut eye you can guarantee that the old bloggers will induce the snoozies quicksmart.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm ponging this to the sleep forum. Note the sticky I have at teh top about insomnia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Finally fell asleep last night watching a film last night at about half 7 i think.. :rolleyes:
    Feel like im gonna be awake all night now and sleeping during the day for awhile, Think i'll go get very drunk and pass out :D

Advertisement