Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan Thread

Options
  • 01-10-2007 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

So there have been a few people here that have been looking for people to play with recently. I would like permission to start a thread where Clans can make a post an advertisement about their clans, and hopefully all those players that are looking for guys to play with can find a clan that is best for them. I realise there is already a thread that deals in part with this , but it is bascially just links to clan sites and the clan section of the thread is a very minor one. I would like a dedicated thread where clans can make full size post :) .

Cheers
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well since the first infantry Batallion wwb site has changed I may as well plug our new url here. Its now www.1st-ib.co.uk

Our old web hoster was looking for mad money for our old site so hosting.365 did it for us at a fraction of the cost, as a result we had to use this new domain name but its the same site.

We are recruting BF2 and 2142 players and looking to play COD 4 when it comes out. We are mostly Irish but have a few Europeans in ther also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

If I do not hear otherwise from an admin or mod before tommorow evening I will start the thread. I really do think this new thread would be helpfull.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

david_lynch_2006 is my name in bf2 would be interested in joining a clan. whats the best one ? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

If I do not hear otherwise from an admin or mod before tommorow evening I will start the thread. I really do think this new thread would be helpfull.

This kinda exists already in a sticky :

Clan Applications/Mods and Maps/Console Commands

What you do is PM one of us what an update and well we update the thread... :)

Yeah as I said I saw that already, but I don't really think it is sufficiant. It is basically one small post with links to clan sites, within a thread that has much more info in it. I think it would be best to have a thread specifically for clans ( hopefully it could be stickied) . The way the clans are advertised in the current thread is not great , just one or two lines as opposed to our recruit post which is as follows.
    "When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."

bitrecruit.jpg

We are a mature community mainly focused on BF2 (Battlefield 2), BF2142 (Battlefield 2142, and AA (Americas Army). We share a this our clan not this is my clan mentality. We believe that every one should contribute in everything from voting members in, making hot topics, all with the hopes of making the clan better . We are friendly, motivated group of individuals that work on the emphasis of having fun.

We rely heavily on teamwork, using player's natural strengths to contribute to the team goal. Flags are priority, points come naturally ;)

Quick Facts:

PUNKBUSTER
    - We stream to pbbans and work with the master ban list to ensure fair gameplay for all. All clan members get Admin access to our servers unless it's abused. Check our our pbshots pages here. http://www.bestintactics.com/demo/PB_SS/

ROSTER
    - Comprised of about 50 members from hardcore to casual gamer
    - Many members are Non Commission Officers in the US Army, Airforce, and Coast Guard, and other military services around the world. Our current age bracket is 16 - 48.
    - 3 Divisions :America's Army, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142 and looking foward to COD4 and Frontlne.

COMPETITION
    Well established in the TWL arena:

Overall Virtual War record is:
    - 30 SEP 07 - 229 matches
    - 166 - 54 w/l ratio w/9 draws

America's Army
    - 4vs4 Objective

Battlefield 2
    - NA 5vs5 Infantry Only
    - NA 5vs5 SF Infantry Only

Battlefield 2142
    - NA 5v5 Infantry
    - NA 8v8 Conquest
    - NA 8v8 Infantry

BACKGROUND
    - We require members to be 18+ as maturity is a big factor with us. But we will make exceptions as we have a good handful of mature younger players.
    - As a social yet competitive clan, we like solid stats, but good teamwork and communications skills are more important :) We have no problem helping you grow.
    - You don't need to be plugged in 24/7 We have a few casual gamers in our roster. We ask you at least stop by the site or on Vent to stay current.
    - There is a recruitment process that will last from 2 weeks to 1 month, so the members can get to know you and see how much of a team player you are.

HIGHLIGHTS
    - Just celebrated our 1 year anniversary on 1 March 2007
    - Nearly 230 matches under our belt with a 80% win ratio in League/Ladder play.
    - Responsible for the creation of a new standard in tracking TWL matches with a status block code endorsed by TWL http://www.teamwarfare.com
    - Best In Tactics merchandise can be found here: http://www.printfection.com/bestintactics

America's Army
    - 3rd place in TWL 4v4 Open League 2006
    - 2nd place in Amateur AMN 4v4 Open League 2006
    - TWL 5v5 Intermediate League 2007

Battlefield
    - Co-Founder of the BF2Player.com Server Alliance, to ensure a fair and positive gaming environment. http://www.bf2player.com

SERVERS

All BF2/2142 servers are streaming screenshots to ppbans.com and punkbusted.com We do not tolerate hackers/glitchers.
    All BF2/2142 servers have demo recorder running for all your movie making needs.

- BF2 NA = 72.232.90.182:16567
    - BF2142 NA = 216.86.150.73:16567
    - AA - non public server for tactics practice

REQUIREMENTS

BF2 & 2142
    - Open to both NA and EU
    - A reasonable understanding of the English language
    - All members 18+ exceptions can be made based on maturity
    - No k/d ratio requirement for scrimmages or league play. Though you should have a general desire to improve.

AA
    - All members 18+ exceptions can be made based on maturity
    - Min 80 honor
    - Min 1.5 fragrate

DONATIONS
    - Not a pay to play clan though donations are more than welcomed and accepted via PayPal ;)

MIC & VOIP & ATC
    - We use Ventrillo for in game VOIP, and will use the BF2/2142 VOIP if non clan members join our squads, no need to be elitest. :P
    - We do NOT have a military rank structure in the clan..but we do have our own admin/division leaders called BOG (Board of Govenors) EVERYONE has a fair voice in clan activity.
    - We use ATC to create tactics for our scrims and upcoming TWL matches

CONTACT
    - Direct thread link ----> http://www.bestintactics.com/modules.php?name=pre_join
    - Or pm me here

Thanks for showing interest...see ya on the battlefield!!

-Best In Tactics

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Well, how often would it need to be updated?

Are people going to read through 20+ pages of "Can I join/ I play under this name" etc to find a post from a clan?

I think if clans want to recruit like Ponster said, they can pm one of the mods and get the sticky updated.
    If a clan ceases recruiting, they can ask that their details be removed.

This is why I proposed a clans forum once upon a time.

No I would suggest that people looking to join should not be allowed to post in the thread at all , instead they should PM whoever made the post for the clan instead.

Lot of extra work there, there'd be quite a lot of clean up work to be done.

And if that's all you want, then what's wrong with putting it in the current sticky?

You really think there would be that many people posting there? If it is stated at the top that there is to be only clans posting adds for their clan then I doubt too many people would be posting in the thread. If it does prove to be alot of work ( which I extreamely doubt it will be ) then I would have no problem being in charge of keeping it clean and sorted if you would wish to bestow that kind of power upon me :P .

The whole reason that the clan thread is stuck in there with the other posts is because we at one stage had way too many stickies so some had to be bunched together.
    From what I can remember we've had 3 people posting about clans in 6 months which explains why the clan post is grouped with other posts.

How about you post your 'recruit post' and we link to it from your entry in the current clan sticky ?

• Advertisement

Silverfish wrote:
    Lot of extra work there, there'd be quite a lot of clean up work to be done.

And if that's all you want, then what's wrong with putting it in the current sticky?

Because I want to have the full post that I have posted rather then just a link to our site.

OK if you guys are adament about not having a stickey then I guess you can do that Ponstar. Although it would be great if you could post a link both to the thread I will make now and to our site. Thanks for listening guys - Chris.

Thanks for that man , i am sorry if I pissed any of you guys off, just thought it would be a good idea. I didn't mean to be an asshole or anything.

Don't worry about it, you didn't piss anyone off.

I guess this forum isn't used to so much traffic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

boards clan maybe???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

boards clan maybe???

Seconded.

There was one, once.

How about about just an Ireland Clan, would get more members that way.

Ponster wrote:
    Don't worry about it, you didn't piss anyone off.

I guess this forum isn't used to so much traffic :p

Hehe , good one :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

boards clan maybe???
    How about about just an Ireland Clan, would get more members that way.
    Ah, there was a boards.ie clan, back in the day, a long long time ago, when Desert Combat was around. If you do get enough people (more than 10), sometimes the Admins will give you a private forum (you must suck really well, though, so I'm told:eek::D:rolleyes:).

Note: some f**ker has since deleted the Private Forum:mad: I blames a clean-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Galactic Rangers

www.galactic-rangers.net

• Registered Users Posts: 12 R3aPeR

Check us out....

http://www.irish-brawlers.com

we're recruiting now...
    At the moment we are only a small clan as we only recently setup but we are hoping to expand.

Games:
    Call of duty 2
    half life 2 deathmatch
    We'll be adding more soon.

We play competively and for fun...

Do you actually play BF2 or 2142 though?? Good to see another Irish clan. By the way my clan may be looking to scrim on BF2 if there are any clans interested :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 12 R3aPeR

not yet but hopefully we will.....

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

GurkhaClan always looking for new recruits :D

Our Website: www.gurkhaclan.co.uk

BF2 Server (UK based): 85.133.16.45:16567
    Call Of Duty 4 (Ireland Based): 89.234.66.115:28960

Teamspeak: 89.234.66.115:8767

Go visit us! ;)

Does anyone read the mails in Best in Tactics, i'm trying to gain membership?

Does anyone read the mails in Best in Tactics, i'm trying to gain membership?

Yeah I sent you a pm yesterday, replying to your question.

Just an UP date to our recruitment process.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."

bitad4.jpg

We are a mature community mainly focused on BF2 (Battlefield 2), BF2142 (Battlefield 2142, and CoD4 (Call of Duty 4). We share a this our clan not this is my clan mentality. We believe that every one should contribute in everything from voting members in, making hot topics, all with the hopes of making the clan better . We are friendly, motivated group of individuals that work on the emphasis of having fun.

We rely heavily on teamwork, using player's natural strengths to contribute to the team goal. Flags are priority, points come naturally ;)

Quick Facts:

ROSTER
    - Comprised of about 50 members from hardcore to casual gamer
    - Many members are Non Commission Officers in the US Army, Airforce, and Coast Guard, and other military services around the world.
    - 3 Divisions : Battlefield 2-North America, Battlefield 2142 North America, and Call of Duty
    *currently beta testing Frontlines: Fuel of War

COMPETITION
    Well established in the TWL arena:

Overall Virtual War record is:
    - 20 DEC 07 - 269 matches
    - 194 - 66 w/l ratio with 9 Draws

Battlefield 2
    - NA 5vs5 Infantry Only
    - NA 5vs5 SF Infantry Only

Battlefield 2142
    - NA 5v5 Infantry
    - NA 8v8 Conquest
    - NA 8v8 Infantry

BACKGROUND
    - We require members to be 18+ as maturity is a big factor with us.
    - As a social yet competitive clan, we like solid stats, but good teamwork and communications skills can make that happen :) We have no problem helping you grow.
    - You don't need to be plugged in 24/7 We have a few casual gamers in our roster. We ask you at least stop by the site or on Vent to stay current.
    - There is a recruitment process that will last from 2 weeks to 1 month, so the members can get to know you and see how much of a team player you are.

HIGHLIGHTS
    - Just celebrated our 1 year anniversary on 1 March 2006
    - Nearly 200 matches under our belt with a 80% win ratio in League/Ladder play.
    - Responsible for the creation of a new standard in tracking TWL matches with a status block code endorsed by TWL http://www.teamwarfare.com
    - Best In Tactics merchandise can be found here: http://www.printfection.com/bestintactics

TWL
    - 3rd place in TWL 4v4 Open League 2006
    - 2nd place in Amateur AMN 4v4 Open League 2006
    - TWL 5v5 Intermediate League 2007
    TWL as of 20 Dec:

#1 BF2142 5v5 I/O Ladder
    twlstandingsred.png

#2 BF2142 8v8 Conquest Ladder
    twlstandingsred.png

#1 BF2142 8v8 I/O Ladder
    twlstandingsred.png

Battlefield
    - Co-Founder of the BF2Player.com Server Alliance, to ensure a fair and positive gaming environment. http://www.bf2player.com

SERVERS

All BF2/2142/CoD4 servers are streaming screenshots to ppbans.com and punksbusted.com We do not tolerate hackers/glitchers.
    All BF2/2142 servers have demo recorder running for all your movie making needs.

- BF2 NA = 72.232.90.182:16567
    - BF2142 NA = 216.86.150.73:16567
    - CoD4 EU = 217.163.28.165:28916
    *Contemplating CoD4 US server

REQUIREMENTS

BF2, BF2142, CoD4
    - Open to both NA and EU
    - All members 18+
    - A reasonable understanding of the English language
    - k/d ratio of at least .80 to compete in League play. (BF2/BF2142)
    - no k/d ratio requirement for scrimmages w/other clans outside of League play. Though you should have a general desire to improve.

DONATIONS
    - Not a pay to play clan though donations are more than welcomed and accepted via PayPal ;)

MIC & VOIP & ATC
    - We use Ventrillo for in game VOIP, and will use the BF2/2142 VOIP if non clan members join our squads, no need to be elitest. :P
    - We do NOT have a military rank structure in the clan..but we do have our own admin/division leaders called BOG (Board of Govenors) EVERYONE has a fair voice in clan activity.
    - We use ATC to create tactics for our scrims and upcoming TWL matches

CONTACT
    - Direct thread link ----> http://www.bestintactics.com/modules.php?name=pre_join
    - Or pm me here

Thanks for showing interest...see ya on the battlefield!!

-Best In Tactics

Advertisement