Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

04 Passat TDI Emissions Warning Lamp Please Help

Options
  • 01-10-2007 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Had my 04 passat sully serviced and had the timing belt replaced by a vw dealer. (53k miles) when i got it back i noticed the car was cutting power as soon as you tried to accelerate even slightly harder than usual. then an "emissions workshop" warning light came on on the dash as well as the enigne management light and hasn't gone off. rang the dealer, told him what happened, he said he disconnected some sensor and must have forgot to put it back, he told me to bring it back and it would take two seconds on the diagnostics laptop. Returned anyway, got the power back for two seconds then it went again and he couldnt get either light off the dash. the diagnostic was telling him that it was an 'altitude sensor/boost sensor' Now he says he has to order a new egr valve which will cost 280 plus vat.
    Does anyone have any suggestions or advice???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Since the car is no longer under the manufacturer's warranty get a second opinion and price from an independant garage.

Lambda, Mass Air Flow and throttle body sensors are common problems with VAG cars.

Advertisement