Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows XP Hibernate mode

• 01-10-2007 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Is the Windows XP Hibernate mode any good? Call me a tree hugging hippy but all this "Power of 1" campaign has got me thinking. I turn off my lcd monitor every evening leaving work but leave the pc as it is because i absolutely hate having to open all my program, ssh connections etc i need for work again every morning.
    However i wouldnt be adverse to putting the pc into hibernate mode if it actually worked properly, there was no degradation of performance and it actually reduced power consuption.
    My only experience of using the Hibernate option is if i forget to plug in my laptop at home when the battery is nearly dead it will atutomatically go into hibernate shutdown. In this case i find after restarting out of hibernate mode that performance is so dredful i end up rebooting. It any different with a desktop?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

you could alternatly set all the programs you need into the startup folder and then shutdown the pc
    when you boot it up it will start all those programs for you

Advertisement