Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading audiobooks

Options
  • 01-10-2007 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

emusic.com have recently started selling audiobooks on subscription. it's 11.99 a month for one download. I've been wanting to get audiobooks on my mp3 player for a while now and i'm tempted to sign up to this, but before I do, I wanted to ask if anyone here has used this site or any other for downloading audiobooks and, if so, what have your experiences been?
    is it worth it?
    are there sites with better selections or better deals?
    I've been using emusic for music downloading for a while, so I have no qualms about the site or the quality of the audio, I'm just looking before I leap.

Cheers, Marky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

have you tried utorrent ??

ps

I should mention that it is illegal do download anything that is not freeliance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Hi Marky,
    I have bought audio books on itunes my last one was Dune unabridged for 34 euro, it's about 22 hrs of audio. The great thing about itunes is that you can burn the book on to disc so should you drive crash as mine has you still have the book on CD.
    I have also bought them on play and just save them to my hard drive and transfer them that way. I normally listen to them while working out, be it on the laptop or ipod. I did check out a torrent download also, but have had some problems with P2P filesharing and decided that the few euro spent on itunes or play was worth the piece of mind.
    I have just a few favorite books in audio format, you know yourself the ones you tend to return to again and again. If it's just a case of listening to a book, I would personally just get a loan of one from my local libary.
    Donal

Advertisement