Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phonewatch and internet speed?

Options
  • 01-10-2007 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have recently got eircom broadband in my home. 1 mb.

I also have eircom phonewatch installed in my house for over 10 years.

I have been informed by both eircom and boards.ie, that the phonewatch needs work on it, as it will conflict with the broadband.

I have read posts regarding this.

But i have a simple question.

If i get the phonewatch issue fixed, will i notice increase speeds in my internet connection?

Or is the the phonewatch issue more of a conflict issue, which results in dropped internet connections and so like?

Plz respond if you feel certain about the issue of internet speed. ie prior experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

When you get ADSL broadband you should have a filter placed on all other devices connected to the phone line to prevent them interfering with the ADSL signal.

An old phonewatch alarm would not have this built in (like modern ones) so an engineer would have to open it up and add one to the line before it enters the device.

General problems caused would be disconnects and possibly lower speeds due to interference.

That said - are you having problems with your line at the moment? Have you been told that your line wont go any faster?

If its not affecting you then there is no need to do anything. Just be aware that line conditions can change and it may cause you problems in the future.

Advertisement