Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet Port on NTL modem?

Options
  • 01-10-2007 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi
    This is a very quick question: Does the Modem/router provided by NTL for their 3mb package (the non-wireless modem/router version) have an ethernet port?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
    Phil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

The cable modem has both ethernet and USB ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

preilly79 wrote:
    Hi
    This is a very quick question: Does the Modem/router provided by NTL for their 3mb package (the non-wireless modem/router version) have an ethernet port?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
    Phil

Same modem (Ethernet & USB) for all packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I have an older NTL ambit modem here and it only shows up as connecting when I use the USB cable. The lights dont come on when I change it to ethernet. Anybody know why this is or how I can get around it?
    Thanks GB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

GBX wrote: »
    I have an older NTL ambit modem here and it only shows up as connecting when I use the USB cable. The lights dont come on when I change it to ethernet. Anybody know why this is or how I can get around it?
    Thanks GB

Do you know whether the ethernet port is working on your computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yeah, it works. When trying to set up the wireless access point, I had to connect it directly to the PC. in doing so the "local area connection" thing popped up saying it was connected.
    Ive been reading around on http://www.chetnet.co.uk after googling, a lot of people in the UK seems to have the same problem with NTL's modems. Seems that there is a common issue with "faulty" ethernet connections on the ntl modem. im gonna give them a ring tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement