Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishmonger

Options
  • 01-10-2007 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Just wondered where the best place would be to buy some fish in the city area?
    Are there any dedicated fishmongers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Erm... not Henry St anyway... or Joyces... Deacy's on Shop/Quay St is good, and actually, Tesco ain't bad, for your average grocery fishmonger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Down the docks, to the left of the Harbour hotel, take the first left, down the end of the road, building on the right. And for the life of me I can't remember the name of them, but there's a fish mongers there. Wholesale I believe, but with a counter in there too. MacDonaghs also have a fish shop behind the chipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

wet-paint wrote:
    Down the docks, to the left of the Harbour hotel, take the first left, down the end of the road, building on the right. And for the life of me I can't remember the name of them, but there's a fish mongers there. Wholesale I believe, but with a counter in there too. MacDonaghs also have a fish shop behind the chipper.

Its Galway Bay Seafoods. Best quality and biggest range of fish in Galway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Cheers guys - probably try Tesco fr this evening and check out Galway Bay Seafoods at the Weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Proxy wrote:
    Erm... not Henry St anyway... or Joyces... Deacy's on Shop/Quay St or possibly High Street is good, and actually, Tesco ain't bad, for your average grocery fishmonger.

Fixored!!!

Galway Bay Seafoods is good, but a bit out of the way. I generally use Deacys on High St, and I think that Deacys on Sea Road also has a fish counter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

yeah mcdonagh's fish counter is pretty good for a central one! they do all the extras, filleting, de-boning etc if ya ask....failing that saturday morning at galway bay seafoods...early though is best!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I thought that McDonaghs had pretty much gotten rid of the fish counter!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Fey! wrote:
    I thought that McDonaghs had pretty much gotten rid of the fish counter!
    They certainly appear to have given up on preparing their own fish for the takeaway. I'm pretty sure the last piece of cod I had out of there was straight out of a catalogue.

Advertisement