Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the best Series of 24?

Options
  • 01-10-2007 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone!

I just recently jumped onto the 24 bandwagon and I started to watch season 1. Now, although it's very watchable I'm not hooked or anything...I thought that it was one of the best series' around in the last few years....

So, I've decided to finish the 1st series and then I'll watch the best one after that. So, get voting.

BTW: I've seen about 3/4 of the 1st series at this stage.

What is the best Series? 178 votes

0% 0 votes
    20% 37 votes
    15% 28 votes
    19% 34 votes
    5% 10 votes
    34% 61 votes
    Don't even bother watching any...
    4% 8 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Five.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Season 1- purely cause it was basically competly personal for Jack- it showed him at his raw, emotional, angry best

Season 4 is a close second, mostly for its spectatular revival of Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

im...LOST wrote:
    Hey everyone!

I just recently jumped onto the 24 bandwagon and I started to watch season 1. Now, although it's very watchable I'm not hooked or anything...I thought that it was one of the best series' around in the last few years....

So, I've decided to finish the 1st series and then I'll watch the best one after that. So, get voting.

BTW: I've seen about 3/4 of the 1st series at this stage.
    You should watch them in order, tbh. Fortunately, season 2 happens to be the next best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Of the 4 seasons I watched I found Season 3 to be the best. Great tension throughout. Season 4 felt like a retread of Season 2 for me and the glut of new characters which ultimately fall away for some old faces to return is just ridiculous. Gave up after basically watching 1 - 4 back to back on DVD and haven't been bothered since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

1 was the best...then it just lost its edge with progression :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Season 2 is the next best.

...then stop watching the series altogether and move onto something else in blissful ignorance.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The first half of season 1 is the best 24 overall though, it just went a bit pants in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

1, 3 or 5 definately.

6 was the worst followed by 4 and then 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Got a Box set on Ebay 1-5 in June. Only finished watching the whole lot last night. Myself and the wifes eyes were hanging out of us watching it. We would start looking at 24 around 10pm then say ah will look at another one,then next thing its 2am....Very addictive. Loved all seasons so far but 5th had some intro. Will have to source the 6th season now as we need our fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tim91

Got to say its season 5 not only for the excitement of every episode but for Gregory Itzin's amazing acting with him playing the crazy us prez

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Day 3 > Day 1 > Day 5 > Day 2 > Day 6 > Day 4

i went for Day 3 because for me it was the series that had the most consistent and intense episodes from hour 1 despite a lame-ish last 2 hours. the hour where Jack has to execute Chappelle is my favourite episode of 24, brilliant stuff.

as someone else said, the first half of Day 1 was superb but it was obvious the series was only originally commissioned for 13 episodes and the resulting shift in the series from then on lost its momentum but it did have a great ending. Day 5 was the most intense season and had the brilliant Logan but it was too obvious they were winging it on writing storylines as the season progressed so it did not have that consistency of some of the earlier series but they still pulled it off well!

Day 2 was ok but the Kim storyline if you even want to call it that ruined it somewhat for me. Day 4 dull, Day 6 had the odd great episode but it never got my pulses racing and it had too many recycled storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'd pretty much agree with the Poll results and most of the comments. Day Five is the best. It had the most unexpected plot twists and Logan was a cracking villain. The funny thing is their winging it writing strategy worked on Day Five and collapsed for the Dallas-esque disaster that was Day Six.

Day Two was pretty cool (maybe because it was the first season I watched)as was Day Three (Jack cries tears of steel). Day Four was all over the place with its villain/threat of the week plotlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

In my humble opinion:

Day 5 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 4

> 6

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'd say Series 1 as it was the first time I watched such a show in that format. I was blown away. If you aren't hooked after watching 3/4 of the 1st series then I don't think the show is for you

Series 5 was also incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Unearthly wrote: »
    I'd say Series 1 as it was the first time I watched such a show in that format. I was blown away. If you aren't hooked after watching 3/4 of the 1st series then I don't think the show is for you

Series 5 was also incredible.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've only seen season 1 and I am currently 3/4 of the way through season 2. I really enjoyed season 1 and season 2 is evenly matched so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭lukin

Season two for me, it was the most evenly balanced for me. Season One a close second, only let down by that ridiculous
    amnesia attack that Teri suffered halfway through

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Started watching the DVDs from the start a few months back, on Season 5 disc 2 now. So far, season 5 seems really good - but I'll reserve judgment until I get through the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just finished watching season 6. Started on season 1 earlier in the year and watched them all through.

Season 1 was the best, followed by 3. They were the only two I thought were really good. After that it's all a bit of a blur but I'd go with 4, 5, 2, 6. 6 wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be after reading all the bitching about it on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Day5 for me.

First season I really got into watching. Day6 was a huge disappointment after such a promising start [first 4 hours were excellent]

Must acquire Day1-4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,956 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im a little less than half through day 6 and I'm finding it enjoyable enough. I skipped over 4 honestly: when it was on television I caught the first couple episodes but they werent enough to snag me I guess.

Day 1 was good but not the best. As everyone here agrees: first half - brilliant. Second half kinda slop. Got bored of the whole Palmer family thing.

Day 2 I really enjoyed to be honest. Even the ****ty Kim crap wasnt enough to throw my interest of the rest of the plot.

Day 3 I can hardly remember anymore but its when I first took notice to 24 but decided to get Day 1 before I got into it at all. It was well enough. The scene that sold me on 24 entirely was the Russian Roulette in the Prison.

Day 5 was just simply awesome. That is all.

for me its 5 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 4 (6 = ? waiting for the finish ... but my inital feeling is > 2 but < 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Definietely Seasons 1 and 5. The board's poll is dead on.

Who can forget lines from Season one like ..."Hello Allen..."

Or season 5, "You can't do it, can you Jack?...No its god that you can't..."

Hoping 6 is a return to form.

Or when Aaron is tortured by Logan's goons and calls the president "Charles"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

In my humble opinion:

Day 5 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 4

> 6
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rocky4

They were all excellent! Would recommend you watch them in order to get maximum satisfaction from it......... Season 5 was my favourite though

Can't wait for Season 7, Jon Voight is the baddie and Robert Carlyle is Jack's running buddy.........QUALITY!

Yeah watch them in order. Jack develops with each season. Although skip season 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

5 then 1 the rest were even enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Season 5?? It runs like a soap opera for four hours (Martha gets ready for the ball and the hammy acting of presidente Logan....)

Day 1 and day 4 were awesome, Gaines and Marwan were more than a match for Jack - the 'unstoppable bad guy hoarde' approach of the other seasons ruins it.

Jack is only on top form when chasing an enemy his equal, every other season had either production ready sheltered nutjobs, or a 200+ supply of generic soldier #375463282

Oh, and George Mason ruled

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

efla wrote: »
    Season 5?? It runs like a soap opera for four hours (Martha gets ready for the ball and the hammy acting of presidente Logan....)

Day 1 and day 4 were awesome, Gaines and Marwan were more than a match for Jack - the 'unstoppable bad guy hoarde' approach of the other seasons ruins it.

Jack is only on top form when chasing an enemy his equal, every other season had either production ready sheltered nutjobs, or a 200+ supply of generic soldier #375463282

Oh, and George Mason ruled

I think you are confusing hammy acting with brilliance. Logan is the best villain the show has had IMO. Had me thinking he was a weak victim til the bitter end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Better than Drazen? Collapse the corridor imeeeeeediately!!

Ok, fair comment, I had no clue about Logan either. Still, Gaines was an intellectual match for Jack - no 'big bad' has had that level of engagement with him since

Advertisement