Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the best Series of 24?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Definitly series 1 is the best than 5. Series 2, 3 and 4 are fairly evenly matched for me except 3 is a little lower ranked for me and series 6 was quite poor overall, the first time i didn't fully enjoy a series (that said, it was also the first series i watched week by week, but it was poorly recieved overall anyway)

Series 2 had a really terrible kim storyline which was completly pointless to the main story but the main story was good enough to forgive that (and also the fact that elisha cuthbert is a nice bit of eye candy ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Kim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I absolutely adored the first series, I didn't watch 2 & 3. Have adored the last couple again.
    The first is my favourite because it was so innovative and different from any other show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 realitylied

I only started watching at around season 4 and I got glued to the show, Season 5 is the best series I have seen so far with its amazing plot twists and President Logan also rocked
    as an oil addict
    . Season 6 was disappointing as it felt less original to me. But season 7 is turning out to be the worst so far and I can declare this after only two episodes, it just feels like a rip off of Die Hards 2+4. Only the special effects are much worse with play-do styled CGI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

But season 7 is turning out to be the worst so far and I can declare this after only two episodes, it just feels like a rip off of Die Hards 2+4. Only the special effects are much worse with play-do styled CGI.

Just you wait... season 7 is awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

True, Season 5 was by far, my favourite. Followed by Season 2, really enjoyed Denis Haysbert as the President.

However, I think Season 7 may take the lead, depending on how it ends - fantastic Season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Season seven has been pretty strong so far. Let's see how they end it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Liber8or wrote: »
    True, Season 5 was by far, my favourite. Followed by Season 2, really enjoyed Denis Haysbert as the President.

However, I think Season 7 may take the lead, depending on how it ends - fantastic Season so far.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I think Season 7 is very good, although not sure about it being the best one. I am just relieved that the production team (and the writers) pulled up their socks after a very disappointing Season Six.

Thought all the Seasons were great, except Season Six. Favourites: could be 1 or 2 or 4 or 5. Sorry, hard to choose!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 moviebuff

I've not seen seasons 6 or 7 but for me
    5 > 1 > 4 > 3 > 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Its a damn tough choice to make, and I had to wiki 24 to carefully select my choice. However, Season 3s overly-ridiculous plot twists made me cheer at the screen more often than the rest, so it gets my vote :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

3 > 1 > 4 > 7 > 5 > 2 > 6

How anyone could think 5, 2 or 6 were even remotely enjoyable escapes me.

Furthermore, my opinion matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Just_Magic

Bought the box set there last month. :P

Am half way through season 4. I'd go for Season 2 so far, even if the Kim story line wasn't what it could have been.

Best thing about 24 is the subplots.
    David Palmer and Sherry Palmer are brilliant. She'll do anything for power. He'll make the right decision even if it includes sacrificing his power.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They're all equally rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I dont think any series of 24 can stand alone! I would definatly say you have to watch em all in order!!! Kim annoys me. I loved Bill and Karen. Season 7 was amazing, definatly surpassed my expectations.

But definatly watch them in order!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

1 and 3 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 webmatrix

Only watched the first 3 and about to start season 4.

Think 2nd series was best so far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 winnow

One is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 winnow

It was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ringlarryduff

It's worth watching them from season one right through. I thought one was good but the production values leap exponentially after the first series. Series one was only meant to be 13 episodes long, though when it became popular it got dragged out. That's why it's a little disjointed. There are so many twists and turns that it really is good value to watch them in sequence. It comes into it's own in series 3, while seasons 4 and 5 are impossible to stop watching (I saw them on DVD). 6 was ok and 7 picked up very well again, it'll be interesting what goes on in season 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I love watching 24 now but i'm finding it VERY repetitive.

1. Bad guys get bad weapons
    2. Jack gets dragged into it
    3. head of CTU is a sap
    4. Somebody in CTU will have a secret agenda/personal problems and scupper things, how the feck do they vet these people working in CTU? Fred West could probably have got a job there
    5. Jack gets captured by bad guys and CTU can't track him

They sure do need some new story writers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Day 5 for me, sheer epicness!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Can the poll be updated to include 7 and 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Quick answer: 7 > 5 > 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 8 > 6

Day 7 was the first I ever watched and that got me hooked. Only weak part was at the final conclusion with Tony's character getting absolutely destroyed.

Day 5 comes second just for the pure intensity of every episode. Never a dull moment in that season and the storyline was pretty compelling as well.

The rest were average. All of them had great moments, but not enough to live up to 7 and 5. Love the way the first season was personal for Jack; like the opening episodes for 2; the hotel scenes in 3 were some of the most emotional in 24 ever; 4 had a great storyline up until the last quarter and the Beruz family was the funniest part of 24 ever; 8 had a great opening as well but fell hard after that and became another recycled show.

Not even going near Day 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

5 >8 >4 >2 >3 >1 >7 >6

Day 5 was near perfect - only problems wer Lynn McGill was annoying and Miles was a knob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Probably Season 1 and 2 were my faves

The first half of season 1 was better than the second half.
    I thought Season 3 started badly but picked up, Season 4 was pretty dire,
    Season 5 was brilliant, Season 6 was hit and miss. Season 7 was too inconsistent,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Sorry correction Season 7 was good, Season 8 was too inconsistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gracyj

Five is the best...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Having got the box set of Day 2 finally, and watching it for the first time since I saw it on tv, I was surprised cause it was way better than I remembered.
    then I just had to watch Day 3, the only thing I hated about Day 3 was Kim and Chase, sorry. I love Michelle and Tony.
    Day 4, well I just had to watch that after watching Day3. Day 4 was brilliant. I love the Jack and Audrey story line, but I did feel Jack crossed a line with Paul. and my god do I hate Logan!!!

Im trying to hold off on watching Day 5 ( which I can barley remember) as I wont be able to get Day 6 and 7 til I get home (not for a couple of wks).

Its just such a compelling series!!! Im re evaluating my favourite seasons. and I just cant wait to get my hands on Day 8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Season 5 by a long way, was amazing

Season 6 was a let down in comparison and I got the boxset immediately when it was released

I've never watched Season 7 so after a few years break, I'm back in again

Advertisement