Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

Options
  • 01-10-2007 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi Folks,

I was hoping that some well informed and experience users of this forum could provide me with some advice and feedback regarding doing a snag for a new apartment. Apart from looking for recommendations for a reputable and reasonably priced snagger I was hoping somone could shed some light on an issue that has popped up.

When I first viewed the apartment I noticed that a roof tile was damaged and it exposed the inside of the roof so I notified the developer and was informed that it would be sorted. This was over 6months ago at this stage and when I viewed the apartment recently (approx 4weeks ago) the roof had not been repaired I noticed large damp stains in one of the rooms. I have yet to do my snag list but given that there is a problem with the roof and signs of damp should I engage an engineer to review the apartment and if so what type of engineer. Feedback and reccomendations welcome.

The apartment in question is being purchased under the affordable housing scheme and I was informed that I would be able to snag the apartment however I am just after reading some other threads there on affordable housing and it seems that most people dont get to do a snag list instead this is done by the county council. Does this vary depending on the development or the county council in question?

Regards,

Anon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

OP, contact Fingal County Council in writing re the missing tile and the damp patch. Also, if you can know who the managing agents are contact them and notify them in writing too.

The managing agents have to make sure this is resolved and put good any damage caused to your apt.

Always get an independent snag done. Remember if any problems arise after the snag is done and the property signed over you will have a very hard time getting them resolved.

Missing tiles/damp patches are not unusual but they must be resolved immediately so don't wait any longer for someone to fix it. We are heading into October now so there is a greater chance of storms etc over the next couple of months and you don't want to wake up some morning to water running down your walls.

Advertisement