Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Worst day of week to drive

Options
  • 01-10-2007 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

I have always hated driving on a Sunday arvo and normally let the boss do the piloting on Sundays, but unfortuneately I had o cross the city yesterday in abit of a hurry - (needed to be back in time for the rugby.)

What a fe*kin nightmare ....

People driving "safely" at 20kph in the 50, braking on approach to green lights - so they would turn red by the time they got there! Stoppin on approach to roundabouts when the way was clear (and quite visibly so).

Does anyone think theres a worse day to drive ? Fridays maybe ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Any day is a nightmare these days (for me). I avoid it whenever I can.

Don't know when the worst time to drive is but I've found the best time is 5 - 20 minutes after the bus lanes stop being bus lanes. Most people don't figure it out and give you nasty looks as you zip by them but during that window you can get a fair distance before everybody cops on to start using them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭someothername

i travel up to dublin everyday for work and i reckon a tuesday is the worst!
    ah sh!t thst tomorrow isnt it! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Being outside the Pale, which im sure is busy most of the time, here in limerick Friday has to be the worst....... parts of the city.e.g dock road in from shannon, its easier to get through Iraq during a bombing mission !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭00sully

tuesday by a mile for dublin driving

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Friday around 3pm to 4pm has to be the worst!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Galway - Sunday, especially around westside! Why do people completely forget how to drive when the weekend approaches?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

In the country - Sunday. Definitely the worst day to be stuck behind a meandering 80 kph driver.

In the city - they're all as bad as each other. Friday morning tends to be free-flowing for some reason where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

I work from home a lot, but am usually up in Dublin at least once a week, but I always avoid Fridays if possible. It's a nightmare trying to get out of the city down the N7 after 3pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

RobAMerc wrote:
    I....

People driving "safely" at 20kph in the 50, braking on approach to green lights - so they would turn red by the time they got there! Stoppin on approach to roundabouts when the way was clear (and quite visibly so).

All I can say is thank God our Taxi driver did that in East wall yesterday. A yellow reg vw broke the lights and zoomed in front of us. He didn't even look. We were seconds from being creamed. I am still shaken up about it today, and I amn't normally for near misses. It wasn't you, was it?
    I am annoyed I didnt get the reg plate now. All I can think of is, from now on, I am going to slow at cross roads, and the folk behind me can make all the handicapped faces they like at me, there are too many psychos.

On Topic: Friday, Saturday, Sunday. All as bad as each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Tuesday no contest - driving down the Malahide road into town.
    Nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Tuesday, people spontaniously decide all at once park on the M50 (moreso) backing it up to Dundrum and sometimes beyond.

I don't kow why, but this only ever happens on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

+1 for Tuesday in Dublin. As they call it on DCAL, 2-gear Tuesday.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I reckon Tuesday's and Thursday. Tuesdays because all the people who were dossing/hungover/sick on Mondays decide they better go to work on the Tuesday and all those that are going to Doss/be hungover/be sick on Friday decide they better go to work on Thursday so it doesn't look as bad. Saying that, all days suck with Friday mornings maybe being the least painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

LFCFan wrote:
    I reckon Tuesday's and Thursday. Tuesdays because all the people who were dossing/hungover/sick on Mondays decide they better go to work on the Tuesday and all those that are going to Doss/be hungover/be sick on Friday decide they better go to work on Thursday so it doesn't look as bad. Saying that, all days suck with Friday mornings maybe being the least painful.

Thats not the way to do it! If you're going to pull a sickie on the friday you do on the thursday too, then you don't get people saying 'ha he's a dosser, was just looking for a long weekend', plus you don't need a sick note as its only 2 days :D ......I do not condone this behaviour and if my boss is reading this, I have never done this ;)

On topic, everyday in dublin, and avoid the M50, anyone who thinks it'll be better with 3 lanes and no toll bridge should move to the country now to avoid dissapointment, us Irish haven't a clue how to drive!

Advertisement