Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4...on the PC

Options
  • 01-10-2007 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭

I'm aware that this game was released in a deplorable state originally but just wondering is it worth waiting until around Christmas to get the Wii/GC version or can I get the PC version on the cheap and still be able to enjoy the game to its full potential in its newly patched state?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

With the patches it's pretty much the PS2 version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Get it for the Wii. the PC version is by far the worst of the bunch, patched or not... (and yes, I've played them all...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

The PC one seems to be pretty hard to come by. Personally I've heard the best reviews about the Nintendo ones so I'd say go for one of those... I haven't played either but going by controllers and suitability probably GC would be better. Also it was graphically the nicest out of PC/PS2/GC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

GAME must have gotten a batch of them in as they're in the 2 for €40 shelves. So, Nintendo it is then. Wii or GC version so? Not sure how I'd feel about using the nunchuck and remote for it but if the Wii version is definitely better I'm sure I could persevere. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

IMO the Wii version is the best one, I just love the controls, bit more of a learning curve than the GC controller but worth it (just remember you can run, and 180 degree turn).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

koneko wrote:
    IMO the Wii version is the best one, I just love the controls, bit more of a learning curve than the GC controller but worth it (just remember you can run, and 180 degree turn).

How do the controls on that work? I'm curious to try but still haven't got round to it. Decided to try Boogie instead. It was pretty crap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Attol wrote:
    How do the controls on that work? I'm curious to try but still haven't got round to it. Decided to try Boogie instead. It was pretty crap...

wii mote = FPS point and make dead stick.
    Nunchuk is move and Z is leggit backwards <<<<<<<take note of that one.

Wii is how to play a shooting game on the Wii and it being res evil makes it superb.

Best game on the wii so far.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Press start

I can't speak for the PC version, but I have played the other ones. It was excellent on the Gamecube and sported better graphics over the PS2 version. But the Wii version is definitely the one to go for. The controls work excellently, the graphics are still very good, especially when hooked up to an HDTV via component cables, and it features all the extras from the PS2 version. From what I've read, it's pretty poor on the PC.

Wii version it is so gents...

Next step...buy a Wii.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

The WII version is good fun i bought a wii and it was the first game i got for it, now i just have to wait to buy a wii zapper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

A Wii zapper? With RE4 Wii? Why?

Unless you're getting RE4 Wii and RE: Umbrella Chronicles confused. That's out soon (end of november).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

gizmo wrote:
    GAME must have gotten a batch of them in as they're in the 2 for €40 shelves. So, Nintendo it is then. Wii or GC version so? Not sure how I'd feel about using the nunchuck and remote for it but if the Wii version is definitely better I'm sure I could persevere.
    Did you say GAME have RE4 on Wii in their 2 for 40e range?
    Or did you mean the PC version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'd guess he meant the pc version, I'm fairly sure Game don't have a wii 2 for 40e range

Yep, I meant for the PC.

Some other decent titles down there too btw, Call Of Duty 2 GOTY, KoTRII, RE4, GTA: SA, Splinter Cell: Double Agent and R6: Vegas.

Advertisement