Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Busses

Options
  • 01-10-2007 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

i thought i saw an 07 bus on william street this mornin. I think it was on the 313 route. is this true or were my eyes playing tricks.

does this mean tha we are getting a new fleet of busses for the city service. If it does its great news as the state of some of the older busses is a disgrace and does nothing to improve the asthetics of the city.

If we are getting a new fleet, does anybody have any more details?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

You are not alone i see the same illusion bout 3 of them going around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Wonder whatever happened to all those Bombardier Buses? .... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Wow, those old GAC/Bombardier/whatever buses were in service for at least 15 years (and were still used as school buses up until the last couple of years), and they're replacing the new ones after only 6 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah, I see them everyday when I'm passing the bus depot on the Roxboro Road. There's not much difference only that they have a rounder front with orange lighting instead of green.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

hobie wrote:
    Wonder whatever happened to all those Bombardier Buses? .... :confused:

Most are probably parked up at the back of rural railway stations collecting moss. All the double deckers were relocated to Dublin Bus years ago. Alot are still in use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Whatever happened to the "streetcars" that were around for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

What?

Advertisement