Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

difference between highline and gttdi ?

Options
  • 01-10-2007 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the tell tale differences between GT TDI and a golf highline. Mine comes up on HPI as a GT TDI but in the boot, there is a sticker with something like "model: hl". The car is 6speed and 130bhp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought GT TDI's were 150bhp? Or is this a case of the mental multicoloured VAG TDI badging striking again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

GT TDIs are both 130bhp and 150bhp from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

GT TDi was a model originally only sold in the UK afaik. It was the same spec as the GTi but with a diesel engine. Afaik it was available with 110/115bhp back in 2001 plus 130bhp and 150bhp. GT TDi had the same tinted rear light cluster, recaro seats, steering wheel, titanium trim and alloy wheels as the standard GTi.

Highline model was an original Irish trim level model. It had a similar spec to the GT TDi except it was available with a 1.6 litre petrol and 1.9 TDi engine (130bhp & 150bhp) here afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

It is a UK import (2003) and Ive discounted the badges completely - HPI check says the model is a GT TDI - I dont know where they get the model info from though.
    I dont know the difference between trim levels to know what is GTI trim versus other trim looks like.
    Alloys look like this :03-golf-walkaround-2.jpg. If fact the car looks like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

no really tell-tale signs then - the only reason I ask is because quinn charge about 100 more for gt tdi over highline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Try this link

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/Review.aspx?model=1031&page=7

you may find some helpful information there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

GT TDI wasn't even an official VW spec as far as I know. I think it was a UK-dealers thing, and the specs, bhp, etc are fairly inconsistent. If you pop over to the forums on www.vagdrivers.net, you'll see a few threads on this subject.

Highline was a VW Ireland spec, very similar to GTI specs (easiest way to spot one is the colour coded exterior, darkened taillamps, sunroof, 16" alloys)

Advertisement