Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising at UCD

Options
  • 01-10-2007 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Can anyone provide any information on ways/places I can advertise specifically to students at UCD? I work for a driving school and we have a special discounted rate for students but are unsure on the best way to advertise this.

Are there any student magazines, email lists, notice boards that we can use? If so would anyone have a contact name of anyone who would be able to help/approve the adverts?

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

You can't poster in UCD unless you have a agreement with the university to do so. But you can advertise in our two college papers. The email addresses are University Observer at university.observer@ucd.ie and the College Tribune at tribune@campus.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

Thanks mate, will email those now.

Regarding the posters do you know who I would contact in order to get agreement to put them up?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I doubt you'd have much trouble just sticking it on one of the notice board (in the eng building anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Get in touch with University Relations, Padraig Conway, if you want official permission (Used to be public affairs). Large scale postering by outsiders gets taken down by the cleaners but as Red Alert says a couple of posters around the place is usually let go.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Maybe just stick to A4 paper. Don't forget that notice board behind 911 as well.

• Advertisement

Tayto2000 wrote:
    Get in touch with University Relations, Padraig Conway, if you want official permission (Used to be public affairs). Large scale postering by outsiders gets taken down by the cleaners but as Red Alert says a couple of posters around the place is usually let go.

The staff email addresses are usually in name.surname@ucd.ie format. So Padraig Conway's email address should be padraig.conway@ucd.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

whats teh name of the driving school and whats the rate? thinking of getting a few lessons ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

The best way around the "no postering" rule is to give some sponsorship to one of the sports clubs or student societies and get them to put a notice onto their posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

Chakar wrote:
    The staff email addresses are usually in name.surname@ucd.ie format. So Padraig Conway's email address should be [EMAIL="padraig.conway@ucd.ie."]padraig.conway@ucd.ie.[/EMAIL]

I think it's @ucdconnect.ie like the student ones.

Richie15 wrote:
    I think it's @ucdconnect.ie like the student ones.

Wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

valor wrote:
    whats teh name of the driving school and whats the rate? thinking of getting a few lessons ;)
    also interested, PM if you wish

Chakar wrote:
    Wrong.

Altright, I only said I think. I only hope you've no part in marking the exams.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Belfield FM

am v.interested

Richie15 wrote:
    Altright, I only said I think. I only hope you've no part in marking the exams.:rolleyes:

No, I'm a UCD student presumably like yourself.

Chakar wrote:
    No, I'm a UCD student presumably like yourself.

No I'm in Trinity, I just don't like the cobbles. :p

God, are you always so blunt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

Thanks for all the advice, got a few good contacts from it.

BTW for those who asked the lessons are €35 each (1 hour) or 5 for €160, 10 for €300. We cover all south dublin as well as all the main test centres. If interested can PM me or Ph/text 087 418 4816

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Richie15 wrote:
    God, are you always so blunt?

YES

Advertisement