Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Saab 9-3 Linear 1.8T BioPower

Options
  • 01-10-2007 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard anything on this car?
    Or any thoughts on bioethynol or Saabs / Saab Linears in general?
    thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mathie wrote:
    thanks
    M

I have seen the facelifted 9-3 and it is much improved but still Saab unlike the ugly 9-5. I think it is the same engine found in the 9-5 biofuel too. It is a 2.0 litre afaik but just to confuse everyone Saab call it a 1.8T.

Regarding the car itself, my old boss was a big Saab head, but he currently drives a 2004 9-3 1.8T and hates it so much. He finds it boring to drive and believes it is in no way related to Saabs of old since GM took control and based it on the Vectra. His next car will not be a Saab.

If I had to choose one I would go for the 1.9 TiD 150bhp version with the excellent Fiat Multi Jet diesel engine. I think they are even introducing a twin turbo version of the same engine with 187bhp soon. The cash back incentive would have to be very good indeed on the biofuel to pass that one up imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

mathie wrote:
    thanks
    M

Drove the new 9-3 bio power (Faichney Ringwood Demo). Wasnt impressed, no power what so ever and still looks the same and drives like the old ones.

The Volvo S40/V50 1.8 bio fuels a far better buy and comes with some nice extras aswell is you really wanna buy a bio fuel.

P's. Remember only maxol store the bio fuel so far and the Saab 9-3 is only 175bhp on bio fuel and 150bhp on normal unleaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Reviewed in Sunday Indo yesterday, sounded mediocre TBH. Did I also see a review in Motoring Times during the week?

Apart from a generous rebate, nothing much to turn on?

Personally I'd pass.

Advertisement