Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clontarf - Sutton Track

Options
  • 01-10-2007 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

Daymobrew,
    who do you normally contact when you have problems with cycle tracks/lanes?

I've noticed that towards Sutton the outbound lane is covered in weed cuttings.
    Also, at the entrance to Eastpoint there is a new cutting for pipes which has been resurfaced unbelievably bad. It wasn't there last Friday, so perhaps they are going to finish it off properly.

P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Raam-I'm literally just back from a spin out that way and there were two council vans working on the bike path and I think they were starting to clean it up when I went by. That cycle track's a joke though, only one of those lanes is usuable, even without the weeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Membrane

The weeds there are normally cut by one crew, and only later removed by another crew (if at all).

I know the bad resurfacing you refer to, it doesn't strike me as temporary. I took it in my stride on Sunday just jumping over it, I've grown used to that sort of shoddy roadwork. Good on you if you are going to complain about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Manone

Hi,

Still nice to know who to report to if cycle lanes are in bad condition. I presume its simply the local council. Does anything get done?

Advertisement