Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6230i problem/question - headset

• 01-10-2007 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

hello

my phone seems to be locked in headset mode. It has a little headset icon on screen even tho there is no headset attached.

I can't seem to find a way to switch it off, back to normal. I'm thinking this is possibly not a user option. Tried power down + battery removal, did nothing to help.

Anyone?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Couple of options, if they don't work then try and get it sent for repair.

- plug a headset in and out again
    - plug a headset in and wiggle it about a bit (be careful!) and out again
    - restore phone to factory settings
    - change the profile on the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

ciaranfo

thanks for that - I already tried your first 3 suggestions - no luck.

I thought that maybe there was an option burried somewhere to turn it off, but maybe not.

In my experience it's a software bug or else you've got some liquid or something into your bottom connectors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Any time i've seen this its been moisture damage. Have a look at the pop port and you'll probably see some corrosion on the connectors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

thanks guys - moisture damage is a possibilty. When you have a 1 year old, things do tend to get slobbered on.

thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement

eas wrote:
    thanks guys - moisture damage is a possibilty. When you have a 1 year old, things do tend to get slobbered on.

thanks for the replies.
    Don't say that when you go to try and get it repaired ;)

Advertisement