Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Public Transport/Direction Questions

Options
  • 16-07-2007 4:54pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Due to a high number of public transport/direction questions on the forum we are going to try a sticky for these type of posts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Whats the handiest way to get to Shanganagh Cemetry via public transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Anto McC wrote:
    Whats the handiest way to get to Shanganagh Cemetry via public transport?
    It would depend on where you are coming from! ;)

If it from Dublin city centre, get the no.45 bus from Eden Quay and get off at Crinken Church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maverick_m

Hi ,

I want to go to CityWest business park from Lucan , what is the easist and quickest way to to go there, through private or public bus service ?

Thankx,
    Maverick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

It would depend on where you are coming from! ;)

If it from Dublin city centre, get the no.45 bus from Eden Quay and get off at Crinken Church.

I should have specified that i meant from town and cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 stickycreature

Anto McC wrote:
    I should have specified that i meant from town and cheers :)

I need to get home whats the easiest way to get there?:mad: :( :rolleyes: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

What bus can I get from the City Center to Marlay Park (Grange Rd.)?

:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The 16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

spurious wrote:
    The 16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 vinnyglennon

Hi all,
    There exists a website, which answers all the questions of what public transportation to use in Dublin City: http://justroutes.com . Hope it is off use!:)
    Vinny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Hi guys,

I work in East Point and I have to get to the Harrold's Cross Rd in Rathmines to pick up my freshly serviced bike! ;)

I know the 16/16A drives up the Harrold's Cross Rd but what's the fastest way from here in East Point? Get a DART to Connolly Station then walk to O'Connell Street to get the 16/16A? But then I'll be stuck in traffic for ever won't I?

Help!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Walk to Annesley Bridge or Coast Road in Clontarf and get a bus into town then the 16/A out?

In the end I got a lift from within East Point to the DART station. Got a DART to Tara Street. Walked to D'Olier Street and got the 16A to Harrold's Cross Road.

Journey Time: 1 hour 25 minutes. The public transportation in Dublin (and in the country in general) is a fu*%ing disaster AFAIC... I'm not used to waiting hours to cover 2 or 3 km anymore. Thank God I have a motorcycle!

And to make things worse, I was in Paris for the past 4 days (just came back yesterday) and got used to the Metro, the RER, the bicycles for rent available virtually everywhere, etc...

Why can't it be like this over here too?!?!?!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Why can't it be like this over here too?!?!?!?

But we built America.....;)

Dub13 wrote:
    But we built America.....;)
    LOL :D

Well at least THAT's an achievement! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pocketac3s

If I want to goto the Pavillion shopping centre in Swords? I have an interview tomorrow and havn't a clue how to get there. I'm living in Artane at the moment, but I'd imagine I'd have to get a bus into the City Centre to get out there.

Any suggestions?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

get out to Whitehall church and the 33, or any of the 41's go through swords! get off on Swords main st and you'll only be 5 minutes walk to the Pavillions.

If you're going from town, all those buses go from outside the lotto head office on abby street near connolly station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pocketac3s

cheers catch 22!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Some of the 41s pass by The Pavilions - those with "Malahide /Feltrim Roundabout" as a stage no.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Get the Number 43 it leaves town and heads out the malahide road to Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

pocketac3s wrote:
    cheers catch 22!

The 22 won't get you there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Hi all,
    There exists a website, which answers all the questions of what public transportation to use in Dublin City: http://justroutes.com . Hope it is off use!:)
    Vinny

its cool, it must have taken you ages to do that, are you going to be make money out of that? without that motivation our project to that here never really went ahead?

it doesn't recognise airport as destination, could you put important things like that in yourself?

Hi all,
    There exists a website, which answers all the questions of what public transportation to use in Dublin City: http://justroutes.com . Hope it is off use!
    Vinny
    its cool, it must have taken you ages to do that, are you going to be make money out of that?

Agreed.

That's a great site Vinny - the sort of thing Dublin Bus should have as part of their own site - have you approached them about buying it from you?
    You've put such a lot of work into it, you deserve to get something back.

Advertisement