Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E65 finally on meteor!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Not bad prices either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Is it any good though?? Due an upgrade soon and looking for something different. Wonder if they get the new Samsung G600, one with 5meg pix cam!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

A friend of mine has an E65, brilliant spec with wi-fi etc, 2mp camera wouldnt bother me cos I dont use camera much,only complaint about the phone is the battery, 2 days max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Must look into it. Wonder if you can put a sat nav like tomtom on it. Have the Nokia N73 and sat nav is brillant on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You can put sat nav on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is it free (the sat nav)? I'm due another upgrade and getting one of these on Vodafone as a 2nd fone to my w880. Any other nice free or cheap add ons for it.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

You can put sat nav on it

Pray tell?

Its has software called positioning and navigator. You need to buy a bluetooth gps receiver and tom tom and route 66 will probably be better. It doesn't cost anything to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Like this? http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=127067

From what i can tell you still need to buy software? what way does this work? do you need to get and install map software for the e65 or is it with the reciever and the phone acts like a monitor? What software is needed?

Stekelly wrote:
    Like this? http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=127067

From what i can tell you still need to buy software? what way does this work? do you need to get and install map software for the e65 or is it with the reciever and the phone acts like a monitor? What software is needed?
    the one you posted doesn't seem to come with software but some of them do. Having taken a look at the software that comes with the e65, i think it just gives your coordinates and no maps or anything so you have to get them separately. You do have to buy them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

*sigh*

I will never understand why people wait for phones to come out "on" a specific provider. just buy the damned thing straight out. at least you don't end up getting a locked/branded piece of **** that way

N95 on vodafone:599
    N95 sim free:720

maybe thats why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Never seen a Meteor branded S60 phone. Granted, they've only had 4 or 5 (N72, 5500, N91, and that ugly one from ages ago, can't remember the model) but none of them were branded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

towel401 wrote:
    *sigh*

I will never understand why people wait for phones to come out "on" a specific provider. just buy the damned thing straight out. at least you don't end up getting a locked/branded piece of **** that way

E65 - Sim free €365
    On Meteor bill - €129
    On O2 bill - €99

I don't fancy shelling out a couple of hundred quid for something that will be obsolete in a year or so just so I can have the latest phone before everyone else I have better things to spend my moolah on.

Meteor don't brand or lock their bill phones and neither did O2 when I was with them

I agree, if you are going to be a bill phone customer anyway, it makes perfect sense to avail of upgrades and subsidised phones. Being "Mr.Cutting-Edge" and buying sim-free phones for rediculous prices appeals to some people but for most its a luxury that cannot be justified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

towel401 wrote:
    *sigh*

One word.

Mortgage.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

There's currently no mention of the E65 on Meteor's home page (either bill pay, PAYG, or any of the special offers.)
    Maybe they're updating their site? (04Oct1137)

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/phones_nokia_e65.html

still exists, but the only clickable link there is to close the window.

Oh and if you're looking for a BT GPS system, I recommend the Qstarz BT Q1000 which in addition to being a BT GPS is also a data logger,very handy if you like to geotag your photos.

Typical, meteor finally have the phone, then they reverse it, bloody Einstein's in meteors web dept!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

It was up there earlier today wtf?? Back to O2 methinks.....

Advertisement