Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carry the registration certificate?

Options
  • 01-10-2007 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is it mandatory to carry the car registration certificate when driving, this thing is huge (A4 format), I never been asked for it when stopped numerous times by guards ?

Thanks in advance for your input

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

mick.fr wrote:
    Hi,

Is it mandatory to carry the car registration certificate when driving, this thing is huge (A4 format), I never been asked for it when stopped numerous times by guards ?

Thanks in advance for your input

Just your driving license I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

As far as I know all you have to have is a driving licence, I think you can still produce insurance and reg cert at a Garda station if required
    I keep the driver licence and insurance cert in the car...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

just your driving license , insurace , tax and NCT disc is all thats needed.

if a garda for whatever reason suspects you dont own the car they'll ask you to produce the cert in the station

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I don't know if it would make much difference, but if my car was stolen, I'd prefer if the licensing cert wasn't in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

Yeah never leave registration cert in your car in case your car gets nicked, and then you will be fecked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement