Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying in-game voices...?

Options
  • 01-10-2007 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Just like the thread title says, post up your most annoying character voices from any game you can think of....I'm being rather topical here and it's kind of my inspiration for the thread, but I got Colin McCrae Dirt over the w/e and the bloody co-driver has the most annoying American twang and mannerisms to his voice that I've ever encountered, so much so that I've had to mute the sound when the menu screens are up (especially the car settings and the tutorial)...

So what's yours? Doesn't have to be recent, doesn't have to be everything a character says, maybe just certain phrases that annoy you...name 'em and shame 'em.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the DJ in burnout 3 and revenge,arrrrrggh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

It may be an amazing game and an unforgettable experience but my God... Issun's 'voice' from Okami annoys the Hell out of me.

That and most of the voices in FFX bug me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The voice acting in Siren on the PS2 literally made the game unplayable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Any of the annoying sidekicks in any Japanese RPG's. You know the ones, the ditsy, high-pitched idiot who causes you no end of hassle, yet you're never allowed to kill them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Aye would have to agree, Marumaro from Blue Dragon does my bloody nut in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

that stupid merchant from resi 4! (hello stranger)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ah come on, he was fantastic!:p

Ashley on the other hand never ceased to get on my tits... "LEEEOOOOONNNN!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

the trainner guy in bf2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Three words, Peppy.Slippy.Falco.

'FOX, YOU GOT A BOGEY ON YOUR TAIL!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpuOXlBxcPg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Alfred Ashford in Resident Evil code Veronica. That shrill laugh :mad:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

awhir wrote:
    the trainner guy in bf2.
    so true haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Creature wrote:
    Alfred Ashford in Resident Evil code Veronica. That shrill laugh :mad:.

Yep (s)he pissed me off big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

The little grunts in Halo..why they decided to put cute little bad guys with high pitched voices in a shoot'em up I'll never know..oh and they strangely speak English too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

if anyone has ever played Domination on the PC. not too bad turn based strategy game I picked up for $9 a year or two ago in the usa, voice acting is sooooo bad though as is the script.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/domination/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

The vast majority of Americans on Xbox Live in Halo 1/2/3.

Disclaimer: In my personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

tman wrote:
    Ah come on, he was fantastic!:p

Ashley on the other hand never ceased to get on my tits... "LEEEOOOOONNNN!!!"

Id like to get on her tits!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭hotnipples

The little grunts in Halo..why they decided to put cute little bad guys with high pitched voices in a shoot'em up I'll never know..oh and they strangely speak English too ?

THANK YOU! I was wondering why nobody ever complained about this. What the HELL kind of character design is that. Ridiculous! They're just cannon fodder aswell, even on Heroic, so their existence is pretty pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

commentary in any of the pro evo games

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Every single one of the Dynasty Warrior series. I hear its become a thing people buy the game for now and they put terrible voice acting in on purpose. Can't pick a character in particular because they are ALL dreadful. Lei Fang!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Three words, Peppy.Slippy.Falco.

'FOX, YOU GOT A BOGEY ON YOUR TAIL!'

Hahahahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hehehe! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXx0qwe0wc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

i hate the merchant because when you buythings fast it was like so what are you-so what are you-and so on which was funny and irritating at the same time

as for ashley i hate her... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

jonnybadd wrote:
    Aye would have to agree, Marumaro from Blue Dragon does my bloody nut in.

Are you playing with English language or Japanese w/subtitles?? I don't find him to be that bad?!

My vote goes to Tidus in FFX.... just bleurgh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Japanese with the subtitles, he falls into the really shrill annoying sidekick category excelently

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Brian Basco from Runaway: A Road Adventure. Sounds like Kermit the Frog, which isn't a good thing for a protagonist, unless it's actually Kermit the Frog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

The announcer from the Pokemon Stadium games was awful, thankfully there was an option to silence him.

"It's a revolving door of Pokemon"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Wertz wrote:
    but I got Colin McCrae Dirt over the w/e and the bloody co-driver has the most annoying American twang and mannerisms to his voice that I've ever encountered, so much so that I've had to mute the sound when the menu screens are up (especially the car settings and the tutorial)...

Agree soooooooo much "Get ready for Dirt", I only played the demo

"going so soon? Ah well , I'll see you in the full version of the game" Fkin you!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Everyone in Baten Kaitos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Spellforce...all of it. Great game, diabolical voice acting.

Advertisement