Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying in-game voices...?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

the prize for worst voice acting of all time, and i mean ALL TIME, it will never ever be beaten, it is IMPOSSIBLE to be worse at voice acting than....

HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2.

Goldman is just comedic...gold. Hes got like a 10 second pause between every word!! He sounds like the gman from HL2 if the gman had had a bad stroke

Welcome.................friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

0ubliette wrote:
    the prize for worst voice acting of all time, and i mean ALL TIME, it will never ever be beaten, it is IMPOSSIBLE to be worse at voice acting than....

HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2.

Goldman is just comedic...gold. Hes got like a 10 second pause between every word!! He sounds like the gman from HL2 if the gman had had a bad stroke

The script for that was a beautiful thing to behold, Goldman is my hero.

Rhyme wrote:
    The script for that was a beautiful thing to behold, Goldman is my hero.

i think you mean...

GOLD MAN!

:D

Face reddingly piss piece of acting from devil may cry

LIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!

HOTD2

A HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!! oh my god id forgotten how amazing this is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

0ubliette wrote:

HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2.

Lol "I....am Gold...MAN"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX5Sz4ilY6w

Creature wrote:

"The emperrr!"

"To protect the rife cycle!"

"This is the final bartle!"

God damn tats some good stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Surprised no one mentioned the car crash that is Resi 1, and the announcer from Ridge Racer and Ridge Racer Revolution, almost missed hime the Rage Racer, almost!

Hats off though to Bioshock for having the first proper Irish accent in a game, well aside from Micheál in GAA football! Although why did they have to go to Castleknock to find the guy who plays Atlas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Hats off though to Bioshock for having the first proper Irish accent in a game, well aside from Micheál in GAA football! Although why did they have to go to Castleknock to find the guy who plays Atlas?

Aye but his american accent was not that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

CiDeRmAn wrote:

Don't tell me you forgot Jaunty from Shadowman so soon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzUPcFZzmOE About 2:30 in.

Don't tell me you forgot Jaunty from Shadowman so soon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzUPcFZzmOE About 2:30 in.

wow i remember playing shadowman back in the day and thinking it was really well acted, but god...its actually pretty poor. I mean, not HOTD2 poor but just, bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The first Resident Evil, what with Barry staring at BLOOD! And the MASTER OF UNLOCKING!
    Also remember the valiant attempts at voices on the Speccy, using a speaker that was only capable of beeps to make almost audible speech, I-Ball anyone?
    The way that Jack Skellington had to say the name of each move as he did them in Nightmare Before Christmas kinda spoiled it a tad for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

maybe not really dialogue but some of the vocals on cover songs in Guitar Hero 2 on the 360 are just absolutely awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I think your all forgetting the entire cast of Shenmue 1 and 2.

great games, but my god, the voice acting was atrocious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

CiDeRmAn wrote:

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey has a lot of decent Irish accents in it for no apparent reason.

But on the topic, who could forget the Irish pub in Broken Sword! Although apart from the woeful accents that game (and its sequels) is probably one of the better examples of voice acting in games, particularly the two leads.

Most god awful acting I can think of had to be Star Ocean though. I literally had to stop playing what was otherwise a good game just because I couldn't stand to hear the voices anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

the guy on all the marvel games stan lee i think. i mean his voice is ok but well its just so annoying while playing a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

George Stobbart in Broken Sword

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Oman wrote:
    the guy on all the marvel games stan lee i think. i mean his voice is ok but well its just so annoying while playing a game
    "Nuff said":p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

steviec wrote:
    Dreamfall: The Longest Journey has a lot of decent Irish accents in it for no apparent reason.
    I was wondering why there were so many Irish accents in Dreamfall. I thought it might have something to do with Irish myths relating to Arcadia, but the credits mention Voicebank.ie, so it might have just been a cost/tender thing.
    Kemos wrote:
    Ooh - you could get lynched by some fans for not liking Rolf Saxon :D What don't you like about him? I thought he was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Burnout Takedown's Crash FM DJ 'Stryker' was irritating as hell... even more so than the Americanized soundtrack.

Cheers for that EA... sooo glad you took over as publisher of the Burnout franchise. :rolleyes:
    Kemos wrote:
    Ooh - you could get lynched by some fans for not liking Rolf Saxon :D What don't you like about him? I thought he was pretty good.

Careful now, Kemos... lets not say things we can't take back. :mad:

If nostalgia serves me correctly, Stobbart's voice was grand. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

grimm2005 wrote:
    I think your all forgetting the entire cast of Shenmue 1 and 2.

great games, but my god, the voice acting was atrocious
    Thats because you probably played the american version. The japenese voices werent anywhere near as bad. Still not great, but not that bad. Any of the sidekicks in RPGs (Mission in KotoR, Demon girl in NWN2 etc...).

As for good voice acting, i still say Max Payne is up there. Especially the 2nd one. Mmm, Mona :p

Advertisement