Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Question

Options
  • 01-10-2007 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

hi all,

Hope you can help me out here, did a few searches but coudlnt find anything on it.

Just moved into a new flat. Borrowed 3 modem from home and am using it at the moment.

In the flat here, the previous person had ntl broadband and wireless router. He didnt leave the router but the motorola box is still here. I hooked it up to back of compueter (the lights on it were on and its connect to NTL) but isnt working for me? Its is not showing up on my laptop at all

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

streaker wrote:
    hi all,

Hope you can help me out here, did a few searches but coudlnt find anything on it.

Just moved into a new flat. Borrowed 3 modem from home and am using it at the moment.

In the flat here, the previous person had ntl broadband and wireless router. He didnt leave the router but the motorola box is still here. I hooked it up to back of compueter (the lights on it were on and its connect to NTL) but isnt working for me? Its is not showing up on my laptop at all

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

Ring NTL and ask them to connect you?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

NTL connection would have been disconnected when the previous owner moved flat, just because the conenction points are still there doesn't mean it'll work when you connect up a cable modem.

You'll need to ring NTL to come out and re-activate the line for you, they'll also give you a cable modem.

That is the only legal means of obtaining the service :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭streaker

OK thanks for that

Advertisement