Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Samsung 32" LCD

• 01-10-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently splashed out on a Samsung 32" lcd (to watch the Rugby World Cup - feel even sicker than I should). I have to say I'm less than impressed with it. I had done a bit of research beforehand and it was a toss up between the equivilant Sony and Panasonic. However, when I went to the shop the Samsung had by far the best picture.

When I got it home, it semed the picture was very pixalated, whether from my dvd player or the sky Box. When the picture is dark (night shots) the black is very reddish and blurred. There's lots of shadows on movement. I bought 2 new good scart cables in Peats (about €45 each), but it's hard to see if they made any difference.

I've also changed the settings as recommended inthe handbook, but without any joy.

Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks

Marty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭guest

I'm not sure about the reddish-black problem in night shots. However I do have a solution for pixellated DVDs. Check the back of your DVD player. It should have three phono connections, red, green and blue. Connect the TV to the player via these phono connections and you'll receive a Progressive Scan image---it is far superior to the signal broadcast over SCART.

I would suggest contacting your TV retailer and asking them---alot of these kind of problems can often be solved by activating/de-activating digital enhancements.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Is your Samsung TV an m86/m87? If so, there's a lot of info on how to correctly tune these sets here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511377

Advertisement