Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I Need a New NIC card or whats going on??

Options
  • 01-10-2007 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

okay, i'm setting, to share the internet, a network. I've the modem plugged into a netgear router and the computers are plugged into the router. one of the computers is working fine but the other one comes up with an error saying low or no connectivity. is it my NIC card or is it some setting i've changed, as i do mess around with my computer a fair bit. Any help will be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭lovell

I tried a new NIC card. thats not the problem. Will I have to re-install windows??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Presumably you are talking about wireless?

no, its a wired network i've set up (tried to set up)

... one comes up with an error saying low or no connectivity
    Do you mean limited as opposed to low? Low connectivity wouldn't make sense in a wired context.

sorry, yes, your right. the error says "limited or no connectivity". got any ideas??

• Advertisement

Is it happening consistently with one computer or, for example, does it matter which computer boots up first? Or, if you only boot up one machine at any time, does it work?

The message you're getting means that the machine didn't get an IP address from the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Have a look here

Advertisement