Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cows in Dublin

Options
  • 01-10-2007 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there is any of those Arty Cow statue things on display around Dublin. I see them on a book of mine and was wondering are they around the city. One of them has Road Signs all over him. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

There used to be one or two of them in Atrium the Vodafone HQ building in Leopardstown, I worked there a few years ago but don't know if there are any still there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Havent seen one in a long time. There's one in Navan if thats any help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I think the crystal one is in Wagamama under the Stephens Green Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

I remember when there were a few around Dublin, vandals wrecked a few and I know of some students who tried nick one!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

They had hundreds in manchester a few years back, its called the cow parade and they get local groups to decorate them as they see fit and auction them all off at the end, its a different city every year, saw them in germany too.

• Advertisement

daniel3982 wrote:
    They had hundreds in manchester a few years back, its called the cow parade and they get local groups to decorate them as they see fit and auction them all off at the end, its a different city every year, saw them in germany too.

I saw them in Prague too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Copperface Jacks? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

unfortunately most have moooved on to greener pastures:D

there used to be a few in the jervis centre and on the square just by it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Ok thanks guys!

Heres a few pics from the Cow parade

http://www.recirca.com/artnews/cows/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jubeamal

They were only ever intended to be temporary. It's an idea that travels the world, there's been similar cows in nearly every major city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

BendiBus wrote:
    I think the crystal one is in Wagamama under the Stephens Green Shopping Centre.

Yeah it was still there the last time i was in wagamama's a couple of months ago...

There was a cool one that was painted like the album cover of radiohead's 'hail to the thief'... Looked deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

There's one on that open park beside the Jervis St Shopping Centre.
    Looks more like a bull so may have nothing to do with that cow art thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

There is/was one in clondalkin outside a house in the cherrywood area.

I saw it recently still standing minus the head but i'll get a snap if its still there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yup, saw them in Chicago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Saw loads of them in Beunos Aires last year.

I heard that one was vandalized here or is that just an urban myth?

stovelid wrote:
    Saw loads of them in Beunos Aires last year.

I heard that one was vandalized here or is that just an urban myth?

NO myth,an easy target for vandals - there was headless cow running around Dublin. I suppose it beats the headless chickens running the country though!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

They're currently in Cophenhagen, saw them there over the summer.

Dublin is the ONLY city in the world where the cows have been vandalised which is a bit sad.

The Joyce cow is in the Joyce museum now which is up near Parnell Sq, I forget the name of the street it's on.

Dublin is the ONLY city in the world where the cows have been vandalised which is a bit sad.
    QUOTE]
    I doubt that is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

It could well have happened elsewhere since, but when they came to Dublin it was indeed the first time there was any vandalism (after a matter of hours), which needless to say rather annoyed those involved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement