Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Products. Cheaper?? Compatible??

Options
  • 01-10-2007 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Well I'm off to New York for a few days in November. With the dollar bad against the £ (yes i'm up north :P ) basically $2 for £1 so i hear. Anyhow, what Computer parts are generally cheaper over there, if they are?? and rough estimate on exactly how much?? Sorry aint very precise here but haven't really worked out a budget or if i'll even be able to bring pc parts back. If know for sure that ya can please inform me too :)

Basically , want a PC that will last a good few years since I wouldnt upgrade much. Doesn't have to have vista, but has the ability to if needed. Good fast motherboard,good top CPU, 2gb ram at least at a good transfer speed. 1gig lan connection, decent video card(possibly 8800gt??) Am sure could grab a DVD drive over here, well region coding I guess i'd need to get the DVD drive here. As well as the Power Supply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Sites to check out www.newegg.com and www.compusa.com

I'm bringing a GFX back....

Everything will be compatible, barre PSU, and DVD drives with region issues etc

Generally alot of things are significantly cheaper. I have found though CPU's are nearly the same price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ya can change any dvd drive 5 times. I've got 2 dvd drives & have 1 set on region 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Cheers, will check em out when get home from work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

PSU's will work too, most are auto voltage sensing others will have a switch to select either 110 or 230v, obviously you just need to use a lead with a uk plug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thumbs up for newegg.com, I use them all the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement