Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi!

Options
  • 01-10-2007 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Just thought I'd drop in and say hi! Nice to see other people in ireland with similiar interests!

Looks like no-one here really knows much if anything about overclocking though..kinda dissapointing.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

wow, u have ur e6600 runnin over 4Ghz....****! those timings on ur ram seem pretty sick aswell, wat kinda cooling u usin, and wats ur core 0 temp???

i love the whole (replacing) or (broken) status, really shouts out.....eh...commitment i guess...(i can think of another few words to describe it aswell :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Bigchrome wrote:
    Looks like no-one here really knows much if anything about overclocking though..kinda dissapointing.:(

Oh we must now bow to your superior trolling and moronic babblings :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Validate da 4Ghz pls. Then ya might get some respect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

lol know nothing about overclocking....

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Bigchrome

wow, u have ur e6600 runnin over 4Ghz....****! those timings on ur ram seem pretty sick aswell, wat kinda cooling u usin, and wats ur core 0 temp???

i love the whole (replacing) or (broken) status, really shouts out.....eh...commitment i guess...(i can think of another few words to describe it aswell :p)

Using an Apogee GT, MCR220, MCP655 and an MCW60 on the 2900...Temps were roughly 65c (both cores) after 20 mins small FFT orthos.

Auvers, not trying to troll here... Any score you have throw it down and I'll beat it if you want.

PogMoThoin, Validate at 4ghz? not even worth the time it takes.... WHen I get it on dry ice again I'll show you valid at 5ghz;) Until then you can have one from when I was just playing around. http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=236441

And anti by all means show me some ocing here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Right, 20 mins Orthos at 4GHz, but barely managed to validate at 3950MHz? Good for you!

I couldn't do anything better than this:

E6700
    cpu4009yx6.jpg

X6800
    32msl2.jpg

QX6700
    85727033ov4.jpg

Q6600

Will you teach me the ways of overclocking, pwease?

Show you some overclocking? Have you not checked our project logs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Chosen wrote:
    Right, 20 mins Orthos at 4GHz, but barely managed to validate at 3950MHz? Good for you!

I couldn't do anything better than this:

E6700
    cpu4009yx6.jpg

X6800
    32msl2.jpg

QX6700
    85727033ov4.jpg

Q6600

Will you teach me the ways of overclocking, pwease?

Yeah, believe it or not but 4ghz wasn't quite crazily impressive enough for me to take a screenshot.

Actually, before I go any further I just want to say I didn't mean any disrespect to any good overclockers here... I guess I just forgot that there'd be noobs here like everywhere else. So apologies again.:o

Anyway, back to business... The setup:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/bigchrome/P8292053.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/bigchrome/P8292047.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/bigchrome/P8292048.jpg

Ok, just note I didn't know unseen was a member here....I certainly bow down to him:cool: But he's not exactly irish then is he?

And yes Chosen, I will teach you the ways of overclocking.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Bigchrome wrote:
    Ok, just note I didn't know unseen was a member here....I certainly bow down to him:cool: But he's not exactly irish then is he?

:rolleyes: He's moving 2 Irl in the near future

I'm interested in seeing how far ya take that aw9d-max, my last mobo. Stil have it, goin buildin rig for young fella wit it, loved that mobo.

BTW welcome 2 boards :)

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote:
    :rolleyes: He's moving 2 Irl in the near future

I'm interested in seeing how far ya take that aw9d-max, my last mobo. Stil have it, goin buildin rig for young fella wit it, loved that mobo.

BTW welcome 2 boards :)

How far I get with the Max? I broke it:( I can't run higher than 3ghz anymore (first day ran stable at 3.8ghz) I think it's the voltage regulation circuitry dead. Before that it was the chipset being stubborn (only 451fsb for super pi 1m with modded Vmch, vfsb, vmchdroop......) So now I'm just biding my time until I can get my hands on the X38 Blitz. I have something begining with "yorks" for it. IF ya know what I mean;)

Thanks for the welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

i second that, welcome to boards....sheesh, a bit a hostilty goin at ya there...all ya did was say "HI"....lol
    ......except for the whole "Looks like no-one here really knows much if anything about overclocking though..kinda dissapointing"...but psh, watever

Yeah, I'm kinda sorry I said that now! Guess I'm just too used to xtremesystems.:D That and most of my hardware dying has kinda made me want to do some real OCing!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Greetings.

Juicy setup you got there :eek:
    Looking forward to seeing your progress with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

"Now son, this is what you call a noob with a big case of 'e-penis-itis'..."

QFT!

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

ahaha :D

Yes, my epenis which consists of a year old mid/low range processor a mid range graphics card, and a broken board. Sure... that's something to brag about!

And on top of that "shanethemofo" (*cough*) I'll admit that I am a noob! IF you can beat my 03, 05, or sp1m scores.;) Anti too! Yet to see what you can do, maybe you can get a Q6600 all the way to 2.5ghz WITH STOCK VOLTS?? At least if your prowess in calling me a noob has any bearing on you actual ability! WOW!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Welcome man, I can't say we have any Kingp1ns or Pedro Rochas on the boards but we try, we try :D . We need a leaderboard here then we can see whos overclocking-penis is the biggest for real. Dang, I really need to get off this stock cooler or I sure won't be on it......

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Bigchrome wrote:
    Yes, my epenis which consists of a year old mid/low range processor a mid range graphics card, and a broken board. Sure... that's something to brag about!

And on top of that "shanethemofo" (*cough*) I'll admit that I am a noob! IF you can beat my 03, 05, or sp1m scores.;) Anti too! Yet to see what you can do, maybe you can get a Q6600 all the way to 2.5ghz WITH STOCK VOLTS?? At least if your prowess in calling me a noob has any bearing on you actual ability! WOW!:rolleyes:

Welcome and get a life, mate.
    Now, I am not trying to be mean :rolleyes: but anyone who joins a specific forum/community for the first time and starts his way around by insulting people and using delicate communication skills, like "I'll admit I'm a noob IF you can beat my SuperPi 1M score", deserves quite a lot of slagging.

What were your expectations when you joined boards.ie? To be welcomed, to find another XS forum with thousands of LN and DI users, or to act like a "4GHz king amongst aircooling mortals"?

• Advertisement

Chosen wrote:
    Welcome and get a life, mate.
    Now, I am not trying to be mean :rolleyes: but anyone who joins a specific forum/community for the first time and starts his way around by insulting people and using delicate communication skills, like "I'll admit I'm a noob IF you can beat my SuperPi 1M score", deserves quite a lot of slagging.

What were your expectations when you joined boards.ie? To be welcomed, to find another XS forum with thousands of LN and DI users, or to act like a "4GHz king amongst aircooling mortals"?

So that makes me?? A noob? I was trying to bring the real OCers out of the woodwork instead of spending a month getting to see who they all are! I accomplished that didn't i?

And my expectations
    -no
    and
    -yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Bigchrome wrote:
    So that makes me?? A noob? I was trying to bring the real OCers out of the woodwork instead of spending a month getting to see who they all are! I accomplished that didn't i?

And my expectations
    -no
    and
    -yes

hmm overclocking Ireland(coppyright under awhir :D) come's into mind:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

well i got my E6600 to 3.6 on stock voltages, does that count? :p

awhir wrote:
    hmm overclocking Ireland(coppyright under awhir :D) come's into mind:)

A good friend of mine already owns the domain www.overclocking.ie

And as for the newbie around here, i think you shouldn't come here with a attitude like that. Starting off insulting a small community is never a good idea, and will get you a reputation as a muppet from day one. As for beating your scores, that will be no problem at all. As i have a new mobo on special order. And another 8800gtx if everything goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Anti wrote:
    As i have a new mobo on special order.

What are you going to buy Anti?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

^ Yeah i'm interested to know too :D

Its something slecial, that i dont know if any of you guys have heard about yet :)

Ill give a hint though, ive had the same make of mobo before. But how long ago...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Hmm... X38 board? You've been able to buy the Gigabyte for a while now. Maybe you got hooked up with an asus or abit?? I don't know tell us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Overclockers are hardcore.
    This is the lamest thread iv ever read.

• Advertisement

Sound like Abit to me? It's not bad, but the New Blitz is better;) Especially when clocking my Yorksfield :)

Ok, We'll wait and see on the scores front....But I've beaten off someone with 2X ultras before so.... Hardware does not=win.

Edit: anti's new board prob not X38 if he's getting a second 8800.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement