Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Aid on Firing Ranges

Options
  • 01-10-2007 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Does anybody know if any clubs have organised even a Basic First Aid Course for it's member's, I know the range where I shoot is very well equiped for medical emergencies, ( I know because I provided most of it) but I was wondering if anyone else was up to speed.

Maybe if theres enough interest we could arrange a course specifically for shooters dealing primarily with ballistic injuries.

if you are interested send me a PM and perhaps I can organise something for a few people.

Stay Safe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

ironsight wrote:
    Does anybody know if any clubs have organised even a Basic First Aid Course for it's member's, I know the range where I shoot is very well equiped for medical emergencies, ( I know because I provided most of it) but I was wondering if anyone else was up to speed.

Maybe if theres enough interest we could arrange a course specifically for shooters dealing primarily with ballistic injuries.

if you are interested send me a PM and perhaps I can organise something for a few people.

Stay Safe

Your generosity is tainted by the fact you want to make money fom it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Not a bad idea in fairness.

Surely you are more likely to be dealing with a sprained ankle or a heart attack than "ballistic injuries" - I've definitely never seen and actually never heard of anyone getting pinged on a range in Ireland. I have heard tell of it at large international competitions with > 500 competitors but have no first hand knowledge.
    I Do not want to get into people regaling us with stories of what they have seen happen - if you have experienced something of this nature I think pointing that out alone will be enough - I don't want us airing dirty linen in public etc.

Standard Basic First Aid is always a good thing to have on a range to cover the -
    "I think it's a sprain but I can't put my weight on my ankle - slipped on my own feckin brass getting up"
    "Jaysus - Jimmy Just passed out"
    etc.

Failing that - there is always the magic sponge - I believe the IRFU have a few they don't need now :-)

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Your generosity is tainted by the fact you want to make money fom it :(

Jumping the "gun" (Pun intended) a bit there bunny, Iron Sight didnt make any mention of profit.

Sounds to me a sensible proposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MortgageMan

Who will volunteer to take the first ballistic wound as a test case?

No but seriously, the idea is good.

In the quest for knowledge and safety its the blind man who should be your best friend in the dark ??? if you can find one in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Strikes me as a very good idea.

As to :
    I Do not want to get into people regaling us with stories of what they have seen happen - if you have experienced something of this nature I think pointing that out alone will be enough - I don't want us airing dirty linen in public etc.
    Not a good attitude. Examine the "I learned about shooting from that" thread at your leisure, if you would be so kind.

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote:
    Strikes me as a very good idea.

As to :

Not a good attitude. Examine the "I learned about shooting from that" thread at your leisure, if you would be so kind.

Sorry Sparks, but what was all that about:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It's in bananaman's post above sidney.

Aye, but who's he quoting in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

ironsight wrote:

Ironsights, maybe we shoot at the same range. The Midlands, MNSCI, sent one of their staff members off on a Safety Course to deal all sorts of incidents that may arise and that did happen on ranges over in the UK. Not sure, but I think the course was run by the NRA in Bisley (UK).

Worth contacting them I think...............

Hey, guys, like most posts, everyone drifts from the main opening point........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sbob911

Hi Ironsight

Send u a PM on First Aid Issue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭ironsight

greetings once again....

So who's guilty of sullying this post by bringing up the subject of money.

I was and still am talking about arranging a FREE course for people who are interested. There are a lot of very well qualified instructors out there who would willingly trade a few hours of their time in return for range time and some ammo and instruction.

As for me well I already have my basic, occupational, intermediate and advanced first aid stuff as well as my emt so I couldnt give a rats arse.. I'm covered.

Im talking about getting as many othere people trained as possible.

So once again FREE

ironsight wrote:
    greetings once again....

So who's guilty of sullying this post by bringing up the subject of money.

I was and still am talking about arranging a FREE course for people who are interested. There are a lot of very well qualified instructors out there who would willingly trade a few hours of their time in return for range time and some ammo and instruction.

As for me well I already have my basic, occupational, intermediate and advanced first aid stuff as well as my emt so I couldnt give a rats arse.. I'm covered.

Im talking about getting as many othere people trained as possible.

So once again FREE

I did. referring to fact you've supplied a range with gear, my mistake, you donated this stuff, FREE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭ironsight

I did. referring to fact you've supplied a range with gear, my mistake, you donated this stuff, FREE

CORRECT AND RIGHT

EVERYTHING STOLEN I MEAN FOUND AND PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE TO MY CLUB, FROM THE PLASTERS TO THE COLLARS AND THE TRAUMA PADS....RIGHT DOWN TO THE OXYGEN EQUIPTMENT

FREE ~ DONT THAT MAKE YOU SICK ~

ironsight wrote:
    CORRECT AND RIGHT

EVERYTHING STOLEN I MEAN FOUND AND PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE TO MY CLUB, FROM THE PLASTERS TO THE COLLARS AND THE TRAUMA PADS....RIGHT DOWN TO THE OXYGEN EQUIPTMENT

FREE ~ DONT THAT MAKE YOU SICK ~

Suggest you read the charter regarding capitals too, don't need all that medical training for that

Suggest you read the charter regarding capitals too, don't need all that medical training for that

Not there ! It's at the start of the forum .........

Advertisement