Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Phone

• 01-10-2007 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if someone can recommend a good phone on meteor. I'm using a N70 on Vodafone, but switching to Meteor during the week. So probably like to stay with Nokia. Even recommend a phone I can get unlocked.

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

agentgreen wrote:
    Hi,

Just wondering if someone can recommend a good phone on meteor. I'm using a N70 on Vodafone, but switching to Meteor during the week. So probably like to stay with Nokia. Even recommend a phone I can get unlocked.

Thanks a million.
    No one???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

What about E65? just released on meteor, great phone...

tw0nk wrote:
    What about E65? just released on meteor, great phone...
    Cool thanks buddy... I heard the batterys not geat on it, but has to better than my n70 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

E65 is on the website. Not in stores yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

E61 is good. i use it on meteor

i would say get the n70 unlocked. locked phones suck :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

change to sony ericsson and you wont regret i t
    i had nokias for years and changed to sony ericsson 1 1/2 yrs ago with the W810i and its a great phone. never had any problem with it. lots of memory - can buy 4gb card for nothing on web, good digital cameras, walkman mp3 player and saves lots of photos and texts i have hundreds of photos on mine and i have only a small memory card in it. waiting for meter to release a 3 or 4 mega pixel camera phone next with sony ericsson.

towel401 wrote:
    E61 is good. i use it on meteor

i would say get the n70 unlocked. locked phones suck :P
    The N70 would be crap on meteor though... Right? Like a lot of the stuff would work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

cazzy wrote:
    i had nokias for years and changed to sony ericsson 1 1/2 yrs ago with the W810i and its a great phone. never had any problem with it. lots of memory - can buy 4gb card for nothing on web, good digital cameras, walkman mp3 player and saves lots of photos and texts i have hundreds of photos on mine and i have only a small memory card in it. waiting for meter to release a 3 or 4 mega pixel camera phone next with sony ericsson.

Have to second this advice. Brilliant phones all round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The only things that wouldn't work on the n70 on meteor are the 3g features, ie the video calling and fast downloading from the internet. You won't be able to use those features at all on meteor so you could either buy a new phone without those features or just not use them on the n70

having said that, the w810 is a very good phone. If you're going to buy one on meteor, buy that

The only things that wouldn't work on the n70 on meteor are the 3g features, ie the video calling and fast downloading from the internet. You won't be able to use those features at all on meteor so you could either buy a new phone without those features or just not use them on the n70

having said that, the w810 is a very good phone. If you're going to buy one on meteor, buy that
    Not the E65 so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

cazzy wrote:

Anyone any idea when Meteor will be bringing out a new batch of Ericsson phones?
    I've had a k750i for over a year but don't want to upgrade to the W810i if they're going to bringing out newer models before xmas.

Have to agree that Ericsson are great... much better than Nokia etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

agentgreen wrote:
    Not the E65 so?
    i'm posting this from an e65 so i like them a fair amount but you can't get them yet

i'm posting this from an e65 so i like them a fair amount but you can't get them yet
    O ok thanks. I'm used to nokia so might hold off. Any idea how long they'll be?

How does the 6300 rate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Sony Ericssons seem to be the new Nokias, everyone I know who has made the switch has never regretted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

If you don't want a smart phone, and you don't need to store hundreds of text messages, then go for a Sony Ericsson. I much prefer them, except I want/need my first two points. :)

Advertisement