Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Dominates My Bandwidth!!Help

• 01-10-2007 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I used my 30 day trial of Xbox Live when I bought my 360 back in July, everytime I used it tho, my PC was inoperable, no website would load up. Completely jacked all the bandwidth. I'm wondering has anyone had this problem or ideas how to fix it? I'm on NTL 1 MB (my friends is the same but its working fine for him using both the net and Live), I have the official Xbox Wireless Adaptor and a Linksys Wireless Router.

Please need help on this, got Halo3 and altho loving the single player, everyone is saying MP is a completely new game that I have to play. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not sure you will be able to fix it on a 1MB line. Most of your bandwidth will be eaten by Live, so just don't use your PC when you're online with the Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not sure you will be able to fix it on a 1MB line. Most of your bandwidth will be eaten by Live, so just don't use your PC when you're online with the Xbox.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I would have thought you'd have some change from your download speed, but that your upload speed would indeed be hijacked.

I use NTL (2Mb) and always make sure I don't any internet services or browser pages refreshing when I'm online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

What is the model and version of your Linksys Wireless Router? I ask because it's sometimes possible to use a 3rd party firmware which adds the ability to prioritise the traffic. I use it to either make sure either Xbox Live or Skype doesn't get messed up while others browse the web, stream video, etc.

Here is some further info if you're interested...

http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quality_of_Service

- Neil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Thanks I'll read up on this.. I'll let ye know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement