Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Insurance ?

Options
  • 01-10-2007 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

I need to get insurance on display panels which I'll be placing in outlets, but am having trouble finding insurance for them (cost approx €250 each). I've lost one this week due to theft which I'll replace at my own expense, but in future I'd prefer to not have to do that... (for obvious reasons)

The biggest problem I'm running into is that while I own the display panel, I do not own the premises they're in, so I apparently do not have an "Insurable interest". It's not in my interest to claim from the premises owners insurance.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Usually these things are insured by the premises as I understand it. If they are only 250 euros each, can you not just carry the risk yourself, and try and bolt them down a bit better?

The insurance is going to be expensive anyway if theft is a regular occurrence.

I believe that JML have had issues with stolen panels, and now they use a special panel which is so hacked up that it isn't worth stealing - there's no way of repurposing it to use it as a TV, all it does is play JML ads no matter what you do.

Advertisement