Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drivers license holder

Options
  • 01-10-2007 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

I didnt know where to put tis so here goes. I recently wrecked the plastic sleeve for my license and as I carry it for id i'm afraid it will be wrecked soon. Where could I get a new one.

Also is it driver's or driving license?:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Satan Polaroid

Taxi men, for example, have a driver's licence. Everyone else has a driving licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

. Where could I get a new one.

:D

in the motor tax office free of charge too..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Some leather/luggage shops sell a leather version with the logo etc on it.

€2 shop on liffey street...

sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

in the motor tax office free of charge too..

Yep, I worked there and although we never really got requests for them we'd definitely hand one out no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I kept my UK one as it's the same size as a credit card so gets stored in the same place as all my cards, much simpler than crappy paper ones that are an inconveinient size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

robinph wrote:
    I kept my UK one as it's the same size as a credit card so gets stored in the same place as all my cards, much simpler than crappy paper ones that are an inconveinient size.
    Any day now we'll have them I'm sure ..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved to Motors :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Thanks everyone.

I didn't really think it was a Motors question though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mine's still like new, but then it generally lives in the sun visor.

Probably a bad idea.. if the car gets nicked/broken into, I could have no license either, but I bet most of us do it?

• Advertisement

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Probably a bad idea.. if the car gets nicked/broken into, I could have no license either, but I bet most of us do it?
    I do the same but I have the number stored in my telephone which may make things easier if it's stolen. It's only €5 for a replacement licence anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I have a pure leather licence holder from a car garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Hijacking on a side noite, my licence has gotten very tatty (thorough washing machine) and even the photo is coming off. What's the procedure for getting a replacement where it's just worn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Hijacking on a side noite, my licence has gotten very tatty (thorough washing machine) and even the photo is coming off. What's the procedure for getting a replacement where it's just worn?

You have to apply at your local tax office.I think it costs approx 12 yoyos for a replacement.

Complete form D800 available in your local MTO or Garda Station. (Form D800 is not available as a download as it has a sticky label).
    drdre wrote:
    I think it costs approx 12 yoyos for a replacement.
    Nope, it costs €5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭someothername

I do the same but I have the number stored in my telephone which may make things easier if it's stolen. It's only €5 for a replacement licence anyway.

it cost me €15 to get mine replaced last month when the car got nicked! :confused:
    i cant believe the government made me overpay for something! the cheek of them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The Euro2 shop on Liffey street is closed. There's one on Moore St. (old Apollo). Motor Tax Office ftw.

I dumped the plastic cover, and folded my licence origami-style so it fits in my wallet. Bit of a laugh when the Garda sees it being produced!
    robinph wrote:
    That's helpful - not!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

my mate got the plastic covers ya get in newsagents for the lotto, and cut it to size....it still says the name of the shop on it :D

Advertisement