Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 goal killer

Options
  • 01-10-2007 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

What to make of that? Hard to believe at 4-1 down we had a prayer and MJ was gone defo.

Good finish by Chimbonda, brainless penalty and a rocket from Kaboul.

Where to now? Liverpool away - a break and then Newcastle.

Defence is dreadful - Robinson must go to bench - Kaboul/Dawson partnership not working - Bale much better up the field - Chimbonda has lost the art of defending, missing for free kick, 3rd goal and turned a couple of times by winger.

Midfield - great admirer of Tainio but now only a championship level player - Hudd is way too slow and laborious - Zakora saved our bacon a couple of times with defensive tackles - Lennon a luxury, a few touches per game is not enough in modern game.

Attack - we can score goals all night but we cannot keep a clean sheet - 3 in 36 who are we kidding.

For Liverpool i would play -

Cerny - Chimbonda Dawson Rocha Lee -
    Keane Zakora Kaboul Bale
    Berbatov Defoe

less of the showmanship and a bit more bottle needed in the middle of the field.

We could be exciting to watch, but in the relegation zone most of the year.

Hope MJ stays until season's end - don't want any temporary measures for a quick useless fix.

Then pray Jose will arrive in July to upset Roman!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Obviously they can't sack MJ without having someone lined up ...my guess is they'll leave him in charge till end of season now and then go for 'the special one' but Jol has got to get Robbo out of the team for a few games at least as his nerves must be shot to pieces. Daws and Kaboul is not working and neither was Hudd and Zak...i'd throw Kaboul in Midfield as he looked handy going forward. it's gonna be a long hard season by the looks of it and with only 6 pts from 8 games and successive away games to come v pool and toon ..we could be looking at 6pts from opening 10 games....disaster but as Jol says himself he's unbeaten in the 3 pre-seasons previous in challenge games...good on ye MJ...PLANK!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

We are crap. Cant defend to save our lives.

I have liked Martin Jol so much, he has given us 2 very good seasons, but its time to go. This was the season to attempt to move on to the next level and look where we are. Robinson is a nervous wreck and needs to be axed for a few games. How many mistakes is that this season, 5/56at least.

Berbatov doesnt give a monkeys either.

Give the job to Clive Allen until we have the right man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

galinka wrote:

Cerny - Chimbonda Dawson Rocha Lee -
    Keane Zakora Kaboul Bale
    Berbatov Defoe

less of the showmanship and a bit more bottle needed in the middle of the field.

Keane in midfield negates the last point Andrew.

Considered walking out at 4-1 last night, I was fuming...decided to give them 10 more minutes...didn't clap or cheer the 2nd or 3rd goals but I absolutely exploded for the equaliser.

Kaboul you are a legend. Only one on the pitch last night in a shirt. Should be captain, showed the goals really hurt him and he got on the defences case for their slip ups.

Disgrace that Roberts was invited to join the pre-game parade because of his comments in the press recently. Showed that last night was ENIC's party, not ours. Bunch of money-grabbing c*nts.

Had tears in my eyes watching Darkie's interview about her time with Bill, it was a very poignant moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Fair play for staying Ronan, I'd have been gone at 1-4.
    Amazing game for the neutral - horrible for Spurs (or villa) fans.
    If Cerney doesn't play on Sunday it will be a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

Guys, any idea when King is back??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

I didn't even cheer the equaliser and i was disgusted by the celebrations! Didnt anyone in the team think to put the ball on the halfway line and go for a winner!!!??? Fkin disgrace to see them all havin a party on the bench when theres still minutes on the clock - i dont care how few.

Celebrating getting a point at home to villa? This is a new low. We're the laughing stock of the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

tomo75 wrote:
    Guys, any idea when King is back??:confused:

Spurs hit by massive King blow
    Last Updated: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 09:25

Tottenham skipper Ledley King has been told that he will not play again this year because of a long-standing knee injury.
    King has not played a competitive game since England's European Championship qualifier in Estonia last May as he has struggled with various injuries including knee and foot problems.

Spurs officials hoped the player's injury problems were behind him and he would be back in action within a fortnight, but such hopes have now been dashed according to reports.

The reports claim that King will be out of action for the next three months which would a massive blow to under-fire Spurs boss Martin Jol who is seeing his defence concede goals for fun.

King has been told that there is an outside chance that he could be back in action around Christmas if his rehab goes well, but Spurs are taking nothing for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Lllyods Pharmacy have voted Spurs the most stressful team to watch in the Premiership!! That was before last night.

Good point in the end - Tim Sherwood was superb on Setanta, read the game well and has a definite love of the Lane.

Maybe we should play 4 up front - cause we can't defend for nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I agree with your team (in the most part) Don't like Keane in midfield (can't tackle) Stick with Jenas or Lennon - with Kabul to help might work them. Biggest problem is Jol will not make the radical changes needed, unfortunately it is seeming that the only way we will get the players we want in the team, and to play where we want them ( when I say we I mean this board.ie, I have seen many many posts with team changes) is to get rid of the manager who will not make these changes. I really don't want him to go, but HE MUST change the team formation and starts, it just is not working. And if he won't maybe someone new will? But I really wish the Board would just step in and say, look you can stay, but you really need to make changes in your team (drop Robinson for one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I agree with your team (in the most part) Don't like Keane in midfield (can't tackle) Stick with Jenas or Lennon - with Kabul to help might work them. Biggest problem is Jol will not make the radical changes needed, unfortunately it is seeming that the only way we will get the players we want in the team, and to play where we want them ( when I say we I mean this board.ie, I have seen many many posts with team changes) is to get rid of the manager who will not make these changes. I really don't want him to go, but HE MUST change the team formation and starts, it just is not working. And if he won't maybe someone new will? But I really wish the Board would just step in and say, look you can stay, but you really need to make changes in your team (drop Robinson for one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

would definately try kaboul in midfield as for his partner im not sure,would love to see the prince in action,surely he will play on thursday.Chimbonda wants to be a winger he really has to sort himself out and get back to basic defending,at least rocha looks like a defender who wants to defend.Sorry robbo but take a break and get ur head together we know u are better than what we are seeing at the mo.COYS let last nights semi escape be a kick in the ass and we move on from here with MJ in charge till the summer at least.

Advertisement