Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Limited Company in England

Options
  • 01-10-2007 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Im going to England to do some contract work.

Is it possible for me to register a limited company over here for use over there, and is there any benefit, or do I need to register in England?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

You can either register a seperate company in the UK or register a branch of the Irish Company. Either way you will need an address over there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Nobrow

FYI, it appears that I will be much better off going the UK route. CXC Ireland estimated I would pay several times more tax than CXC UK did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 X-Y-Z

"it appears that I will be much better off going the UK route" - do you mean it is better off registering a separate company in the UK?
    Does anyone know how long it takes to register a branch of an Irish company in the UK? And if you register a branch of an Irish company in the UK, is it true that you only pay VAT there, but PAYE/PRSI here?

Thanks!

Advertisement