Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Synching Outlook on two PCs ?

• 01-10-2007 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Hoping you can help me out here guys,

I'm running OUtlook 2003 on my desktop & 2007 on my laptop. No problem with the inbox as I have the mail set to stay on the server, therefore it downloads to both systems, however when I send an email from one system, I want it to appear in the sent items of the other one.

Is this possible ? If so, can someone give me a step by step ?

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you are only talking about one account and you aren't using pst ?
    would have thought it would do it automatically
    have you enabled caching OST files

so what sort of setup do you have ??

you can use rules to move email to a particular folder

but if you are using PST's then the rule is local to each computer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Thanks for the reply.

It's a standard POP3 account both systems are using a PST file, the mail is deleted off the server every 30 days or when deleted on the system, but I can't find a way of keeping the sent items updated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you have two separate PST's so it would get messy

http://www.publicshareware.com/outlook-synchronisation-description.php - you can get some software there that sync's pst's

www.slipstick.com - has lots more third party apps to do this

no point in complaing to microsoft since exchange server will allow you to synchronise to as many pc's as you want.

other option would be to have a rule that forwards all sent items to another pop3 account which you then collect email from with another rule to put that email in another folder - it gets messy and if you screw up you either loose emails or get into a loop where they bounce around all day

PST's are date stamped when you open them so very difficult to work out which pst would contain the latest and dragging and dropping means you get duplicates.

Advertisement