Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Burma! 04. October 2007

Options
  • 02-10-2007 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

About "Free Burma!"

International bloggers are preparing an action to support the peaceful revolution in Burma. We want to set a sign for freedom and show our sympathy for these people who are fighting their cruel regime without weapons. These Bloggers are planning to refrain from posting to their blogs on October 4 and just put up one Banner then, underlined with the words „Free Burma!“.

Join our list of participants

Show your sympathy for the Free Burma! action and sign our list of participants, whether or not you're a blogger, website owner or someone who wants to point the way to democracy and freedom in Burma!
    If you are a forum user or admin from a large website you can also participate in our "Groups for Free Burma!" action.
    http://www2.free-burma.org/index.php#attend

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm sure your intentions are good, but you're gonna get banned if you keep posting this stuff in a bunch of different threads.

Is there any major demonstrations calling for Ireland to boycott the Olympic Games? I'm not much of a protester, but I'd probably even attend that... If one country takes this step then others are sure to follow suit, and it might put pressure on China. I'm sure it would have more of an effect than the finger-wagging that this blogger thing seems to be advocating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 irish eyes

thanks dave didn't know about different treads.
    have been surfing different bloggers in buremese past few days and feel sooo helpless. when i saw pic of dead monk in river this am sent me over edge.
    thanks again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

A day late and a dollar short. It seems to me that the uprising, such as it was, has been crushed. Not the first time the rest of the world has remained inactive as a people attempted to rise against an oppressive government, and I doubt it'll be the last.

NTM

Advertisement